2005 #stormtalk guest chat discussion

What's really sad, this thread had about 500 views and was just starting on page 2 for replies this time yesterday and it had been posted for a week.

Now the number of views is 1300+ and with 4 pages of discussion.

Too bad it only became interesting after we started arguing among ourselves. LOL. Oh well.

What's really sad, this thread had about 500 views and was just starting on page 2 for replies this time yesterday and it had been posted for a week.

Now the number of views is 1300+ and with 4 pages of discussion.

Too bad it only became interesting after we started arguing among ourselves. LOL. Oh well.

I think that could just be a "chain reaction". The more the thread updates, the more people view it. With an argument going on, everyone is viewing it to either rebut someone elses thoughts/etc..

It's too bad Greg felt the need to use ST to air his lack of information on the chat room. For those reading this thread, he has not been in there enough to know what the chat room is really like. I am a female and I'm in there almost everynight. We talk about weather a bunch. Sure, not all the time but there have been some great discussions in there. So comments like "no one seems to get around to talking about weather" and "ever wonder why female chasers choose not to hang out with your fun little bunch" are totally incorrect. Statements like that can't be made about a chat room you've rarely visited.

Remember, the chat room is NOT affiliated with ST. There was no need for this attack or the calling out specific individuals.

Possible new chatters, please don't let one person's lack of information keep you from visiting us in chat! It's a fun group. Come visit and make up your own mind.

Possible new chatters, please don't let one person's lack of information keep you from visiting us in chat! It's a fun group. Come visit and make up your own mind.

I have to agree with Sheila, and although I'm only in there a couple times a week (more if I could get IRC to work over the school's severs), but its a fun, laid-back chat with chasers... not solely about chasing. It's just like us getting together for a beer or coffee at a local bar.. just doing it online! Stop by, introduce yourself, and grab a drink! It's just fun!

Thanks Sheila.

Yes, we do talk about a variety of things. Weather is always the #1 topic, but we do mention other things. Afterall, it is hard to talk about weather 4 or 5 hours every evening constantly, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. That's why others topics are discussed in situations such as last night while we were waiting for Dr. Wurman to arrive. It should be noted, that not one out of line comment or off topic remark was made after Dr. Wurman arrived.

Again, the only way to fully understand the chat is if you're there long enough to know how it functions. So if you wish to join, don't let Greg's comments scare you away. We aren't evil people.

I think that could just be a "chain reaction". The more the thread updates, the more people view it. With an argument going on, everyone is viewing it to either rebut someone elses thoughts/etc..

Not to mention it was posted to wx-chase I believe.

I started an eloquent, flowery, well-written and well-thought reply many lines longer than this one will end up becoming, but that really isn't me on this issue. Since I basically invented this room back in early Spring 2001 (when I suggested to TimV that it become a nightly free-for-all as opposed to a once-a-week chat), I think my opinion holds a little merit.

That chatroom is what it is because of the people who've kept it alive the past four years. Some have been around longer than others, but everyone who's discovered it and remained loyal to it (used it) are part of the "core." This includes those who have left for periods of time, only to return later. The ones who give a damn about the others, who treat them as more than just lines of text on a screen - these are the people who matter. Everyone else can kiss my (fill in the blank).

Calling out people by name and trying to make the chatroom look bad on here is a crybaby move if I've ever seen one. Greg Campbell, come back into chat tonight and we'll discuss your problem with us. You're welcomed to disagree in our room; we don't kick or ban those who don't share our own opinions - that's the other chatroom on stormchasers.org

I have been to chat a few times. It is just a hopping place during my hubby-time so I don't go much. I was in there for a few Wednesday night too. A few know who I am in there. I tend to lay low.
Last night was a great chat, very informative. Kudos to George for setting this all up and getting such awesome professionals for us to pick their brains (LOL!). I really need to learn how to PM so I can ask questions too. My bad. :lol: Still alot of the same folks I chatted at back in 2003 in there (I laid low then too). That is cool. 8)

Whatever works for the masses here is fine with me. But for criminey sakes, if you are not happy with the room, leave. :roll: That little "x" in the upper right corner of your screen could be your friend at times like this.

...and there's Angie, Kim, Beth, Marcie, Susan and other ladies as well who drop in either occasionally or regularly....

Now now, just because I am a lurker most of the time, doesn't mean you should keep me off the list of regulars LMAO :lol:

Anyhoo... George... you are awesome. I have no idea how you got Erik or Josh to come and join us, but I must say... thanks a bunch for giving us those opportunities. I appreciate everything you've done. This chat is like our second home. We may tend to goof off sometimes, but we can also have good weather related conversations.

So it seems our group doesn't frighten the women too badly.

LOL "Monsoon" doesn't frighten easily :lol:

Time is my only limitation to participating more (heavy photo clients in the evenings). I appreciate the chat room. George, Shane and others are taking their time to make a contribution to chasing. I didn't catch Wurman's chat, I worked late, but the Rasmussen night was very cool, I did get in there. Thanks for the room, really :)

On profanity - I imagine all chat rooms probably have it but it would be nice if some peops would dial it down some, it's just extra noise that detracts from the weather discussions -

Back