2/10/09 NOW: TX/OK/AR/MO/KS

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOCO is just now reporting that there have been an unknown number of fatalities in a 'flattened' trailer park in Lone Grove, according to local law enforcement officials :(
Also, no one is being let in or out of Lone Grove due to extensive damage within the town and numerous downed powerlines and other debris blocking the roads.

KOCO is just now reporting that there have been an unknown number of fatalities in a 'flattened' trailer park in Lone Grove, according to local law enforcement officials :(
Also, no one is being let in or out of Lone Grove due to extensive damage within the town and numerous downed powerlines and other debris blocking the roads.
Just to clarify...the location of the fatalities is unknown...just OHP is reporting fatalities. Also receiving reports the sirens did not sound in Lone Grove, which could mean a lot of people could have been killed. It also might explain why people were in the parking lot of the UPS store at the time the tornado hit.

KXII is reporting the Lone Grove Police Chief saying the tornado went right through downtown, which is NOT good.

Brian Baker, Sean Waugh, Brandon McClung and I observed multiple power flashes from Gene Autry to Drake. Scattered debris also lined a large stretch of Hwy 177.

Bar K Mobile Home Park Lone Grove Ok

Info found on the only MH park in town shows 46 of the 60 lots are occupied.
If it did indeed hit the park. No storm shelter unfortunately.

Tornado damage out of Colleyville, TX. Looks like a line of sups going bonkers S of the red river all the way to SC TX. Going to be a long night/day tormorrow.

Looks like california got in on the action today as well, is anyone surprised after today? What a day, just sad to see how things turned out the way they did.

1932 10 S ATWATER MERCED CA 3721 12060 OAKLAND FLIGHT SERVICE RELAYED A PILOT REPORT OF A BRIEF TOUCHDOWN. TORNADO WAS LIFTING AND DISSIPATING.

What a day, just sad to see how things turned out the way they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gust front is out ahead of the storms in Sallisaw. I got cold NW Winds. The gust front was too the ground in several places...which was cool i suppose.

ch 9 okc reporting 3 fatalities in lone grove.....just caught it briefly because we lost power during the report

Power flashes observed near Wylie, TX from that same circulation that went over Plano and caused damage in Colleyville. Heard it on wfaa.com live streaming.. crazy day!

Power is out on the north end of Greenville, TX

Power flashes observed near Wylie, TX from that same circulation that went over Plano and caused damage in Colleyville. Heard it on wfaa.com live streaming.. crazy day!

Power is out on the north end of Greenville, TX

WFAA out of DFW is reporting a collapsed building in Greenville right now. I'm not sure what kind of structure it was.

More I hear from Lone Grove the worse it sounds. Report on TV was almost all homes in a neighborhood flattened/ completely gone. As you would expect, it sounds like many are still unaccounted for, I hope all this sounds worse than it really is, however the more I hear the less likely that seems. I hate these late evening/night scenarios as often you don’t know the extent of the damage until after daybreak, and I especially have concern for more rural residents outside of town. Anyone heard any information on the "scope" of the damage? Sounds like areas hit are devastated, but what percentage of the town was severely affected? For those interested here is some information on the town...
http://www.lonegroveoklahoma.com/local/cityinfo.html

This is as unconfirmed as they come, but very concerning none the less; found this while browsing information on Lone Grove, mentions his family lives there and is safe and that lone grove is hometown, and in his blog he states... "Fortunately my family is safe. Shortly before 7:30 PM, a tornado hit my home town tonight. According to the city manager there are at least a dozen dead and the count will rise with the sun." again this is from some random blog, and **unconfirmed**, lets just hope it stays that way...
http://ussmullinnix.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/killer-tornado-hits-my-home-town-lone-grove-ok/
Blog read here....
http://ussmullinnix.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/killer-tornado-hits-my-home-town-lone-grove-ok/

EDIT: Weather Channel now mentioning Reports of as many as 9+ fatalities...

Well the Weather Channel just reported there could be up to 9 fatalities in Lone Grove tonight... not good...

I did a quick glance of the town on google street view... a lot of mobile homes in the town which obviously makes for a bad situation down there

Sounds very similar to reports I heard on a okc station live feed earlier this evening. They mentioned that the fire chief of Lone Grove said downtown Lone Grove had recieved extensive damage from the tornado. TWC phone interviewed someone who said as it hit Lone Grove it was at least 1/2-3/4 mi in diameter with multiply power flashes. He later said for a whole mile and 100 yrds in town there was damage with complete devestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back