10/24/10 NOW: TX/AR/LA/MS/AL

Several discrete cells ongoing across the region in an environment which features CAPE values up to 3000 J/KG and bulk shear up to 50KT.

A tornado warning has been recently issued for Little Rock, AR.

AT 512 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR GEYER SPGS...OR NEAR SW LITTLE ROCK...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane Adams just had a large cone-to trunk- to rope tornado on the ground. Just passed debris on I45 in Rice. Rice HS is damaged. 18 wheelers rolled over on 45

Nice hook on the cell approaching Corsicana from the southwest right now.

I was late on the stream, but was told that it was very photogenic. Now I'm waiting for someone to post video for proof lol. This year continues to impress.

71575_469757484896_57382434896_5229735_4447704_n.jpg

there ya go

There's a nasty mini-supercell going through Franklin County, TN. A tornado emergency is in effect for the city of Columbia.

Real small, but real mean looking. It's sitting right in the middle of a 250 0-1KM helicity max.

Did Andy Gabrielson's voice change or something?

Also, I'm surprised at how many vehicles tried to race that thing across the highway. You'd figure people would realize something's not right when huge chunks of roof are flying across the highway.

That second cell near Corsicana had a really impressive hook and couplet with it was SW of town. Guess there wasn't a tornado there as no reports came through. Quite an active day for TX, especially in October.

Back