1/6-10/05 FCST: Southern California

looks like well see some possible thunderstorms late monday and tuesday. HAsnt stopped raining since friday. Local ponding occured earlier with a swuall that moved through and a severe thunderstorm warning was issued for riverside count with a rotating storm.

Not your ussual california weather

The cell up in Ventura was just Doppler indicated, but I just heard a report on Chnl 7 that there have been a few confirmed reports of a few separate tornados.

I am looking at the doppler right now for the Sana Ana mountains, and I see two cells that put Dana Point - San Clemente under the gun in about an hour or so from now. SwiftWX is showing them with DBZ in the high 50s. There are two discrete cells at the moment, just to the SW of Catalina Island.

These look very good right now..hope they dont change their path. Dont tell anyone..but i stayed home from school today so i can watch some storms. It seems im always at school when a good one hits.

The storms seemed to die down briefly, but may be regaining strength.
Hopefully theres a break in te rain before they get here so i can get a clear look at them.

Looks like it will pass in the laguna niguel, laguna beach area, maybe even dana point.

Last minute strengthening is occuring with 60 dbz core on the south cell. Getting my camera ready

TVS near hunington park

Tommorow looks to be a good day for some severe weather. NWS says small tornados possible, with waterspouts and severe thunderstorms south of point conception.

Too bad i have to go to school tommorow. Ill bring my camera just in case.

Khristian,

Did you see anything today? It look pretty heavy down by you,

B.p.

A few cells early morning were just a mile or two north over dana point...looked very wett that way..but nothing notable, except for a small tstorm at 230 am...tried for some lightning shots, but failed. Maybee some more tonight.

Possible for some isolated thunderstorms and waterspouts this afternoon as the main low move to the north of us. Maybe i will finally be able to get a peak at the sun today if it is still up there!

Yeah we go rocked by that thunderstorm the other night. Few close CGs that shook the house...

Local flooding / landslides (PCH - Camino Cap area) and the San Juan Creek almost flooded into nearby homes. The creek just destroyed a few sections of the concrete culvert... amazing.

Back