1/31/07 NOW: KS/MO/OK/AR (WINTER PRECIP)

Even with just an inch of snow on the ground, roads have becoming unusually slick and hazardous in & around the KC Metro. Earlier this afternoon, there was a 35 car/2 semi pile up on I-35/75th St. in Lenexa/Overland Park KS area. The light powdery snow was starting to taper off at the time of this post in Lenexa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's crazy out there. I've seen 3 major wrecks in less than 2 miles. Yesterday, at about the same time and place as the pile up, I usually head to school up 35 from Overland Park! Traffic reports were full of major wrecks on nearly every major highway in the KC metro.

Waiting on the snow here in Deep south Illinois. Areas just 40-50 miles to the west already reporting snow. (about 3 hours ahead of schedule) Dewpoint is inching past the 10F mark so its definatly going to be a dry one. (sorry to all the snowman builders out there :p )

One thing the sparks my curosity is why NWS PAH hasn't at least issued a WWA for the area?? Only thing out of the ordinary is a SPS. Ah well, looking for at least 2 good dry inches around here.

Nick

We got 3" down here near Wichita. This morning it was falling heavy when I went to work. Visability was down to about 100 yrds and the roads were slick. Its about 5pm and the snow has moved on to the east.

Between 2 and 3 inches of snow accumlation here in North Central OK. Came through in couple bursts this morning and this afternoon.

Expecting snow to redevelop overnight in western OK and move east once again

*Edit

AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE AND LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF THE EVENING...BEFORE HEAVIER AND MORE WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION DEVELOPS TOWARD AND AFTER MIDNIGHT...AND CONTINUES THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. A BRIEF MIX OF SLEET...FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION LATER TONIGHT. HOWEVER...THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO TRANSITION OVER TO SNOW FAIRLY QUICKLY. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DIMINISH BY MIDDAY THURSDAY...WITH TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO THREE INCHES EXPECTED TO BE COMMON. LOCALLY HIGHER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS... ON THE ORDER OF 4 TO 6 INCHES...APPEAR POSSIBLE IN A NARROW BAND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 40...FROM NEAR CHEYENNE TO STILLWATER. THIS AREA COULD BE UPGRADED TO A HEAVY SNOW WARNING LATER TONIGHT.

Things may get even more interesting than they already were here in Stillwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, have about an inch now. Schools are trying to have class around here, but the snow is actually packing and making for slick roads.

Took my younger brother to school this morning. (Love having the only 4wd in the family) Watched 2 youngsters try their luck on a hill with 2wd vehicles. Let's just say daddy will be paying the tow bill. heh First snow of the season around here and folks are acting amazingly stupid.

Anyway, Temp: 27 Dew:25 Light fine snow falling as of 8:15 am Look to get at least another inch by tonight from the system out in OK.

Back