1/12/07-1/15/06 NOW:OK/KS/MO/IA/IL/IN/MI (Winter Precip)

Latest SPC MCD calling for ZR rates of 0.25 to 0.50 inches per hour between 03Z-6Z across southern MI. Latest RUC and NEXRAD observations are supportive of such rates (much of IL covered with +RN), waiting to see what the NAM shows. However, at this point it's all about real-time data and not neccesarily what the models are projecting.

Nothing here on the southside of Chi-town. Absolutely nothing. Barely rained. No snow. WWA cancelled overnight. I am happy though. I hate snow. Now it is time for the bitter cold.....Yay! :(

Things certainly didn't get as bad as expected here in SE Michigan. Wound up with about a .25 inch of ice on tree limbs and power lines, no significant icing on the roads and I managed to get to work on time. Quite a let down really, I kinda didn't want to go to work today. :(

My area also lucked out with 0.25 inches of ice.

I woke up at around 3-4AM as the power went off/on a few times. I checked the temperature and it was 32.8F and raining pretty hard. If temps would have stayed in check at around 29-30F, I'm sure most areas would have easily seen a half inch or more.

Its tough to gauge an exact measurement here with the blowing snow but it appears to me like we have received six inches. Reports from my direct area range from 4-6.

3.5" snow in Appleton, WI area...nothing to write home about ;)
Had some freezing drizzle, drizzle, and snow pellets on Friday and some snow pellets on Saturday before getting the 3.5" snow starting about 9:00 pm on Sunday. Snow ended by 11:00 am today.

Update from OK

Quick update from Oklahoma to add to my previous post. These are some of the pictures that I took of blocks of ice that I chopped from the ground in my front yard. This is not snow and has not been packed down. The entire place is like this. Everything is complete ice and even walking is quite difficult. With the accompanying cold air behind the system, it may be awhile before we thaw.

Pics can be viewed here.

photo

photo

Back