07/07/04 FCST: Central & Northern Plains, Northeast

Larry J. Kosch

SPC has placed a trio of SLIGHT risk areas on the map for Wednesday, July 7. One is centered in the Midwest, over NE, KS and MO. Another one is up in the MT, ND and possibly Canada areas. And a third is in the Northeastern part of the country, over WV, PA, NY and another area of Canada. Post your forecast discussions here. 8)

Storms have now fired up in northern Nebraska with a southeast track. Another group fired up in western Nebraska with an easterly track.

Maybe a NOW thread?

Originally posted by JHadorn
Storms have now fired up in northern Nebraska with a southeast track. Another group fired up in western Nebraska with an easterly track.
Maybe a NOW thread?

Doesn't look like any of these storms have gone severe yet. I wonder if there's anyone even chasing them.

Weird, SPC has a big slight risk that "seems" to encompass all of southern Sask, yet the only place Environment Canada is saying will get storms is Rosetown and Kindersley, SK. Yesterday however, EC missed it by about 500km which had me spotting some clear skies and light rain later on.

I don't think there will be a big outbreak across Saskatchewan because there is still no real heat anywhere around here. I'm afraid if anything, severe weather will be very late in the day when I have to work. If it does fire up near Rosetown/Biggar area before 2pm, I should be able to make a quick chase since its only an hour away.

Jared

Maybe time for a "NOW" thread... nearly the exact position I targeted yesterday is firing up. North of Oyen, AB or NW of Kindersley SK. Can't tell what direction it will move yet, if at all.

07/07/04 NOW: Central Plains, East Coast, Canada

Opps, Wrong place for a NOW thread. Will find the right place yet :oops:

Back