06-23-04 REPORTS: WI, MN, SD, NC, TX, OR

Larry J. Kosch

I'm starting a REPORTS thread this early a.m. after late evening developments in WI. NWS reported 19 tornadoes yesterday, including 16 in WI. One fatality, a few injuries and widespread damage were reported. Wind/hail damage extended back into MN and ND. The Southeast part of the country had extensive wind damage, according to the NWS, with one TORN being reported in NC. Both TX and OR reported single tornadoes as well. Post your first-hand chase or damage reports here. 8) LJK.

I did chase last night, in fact I was out twice. Went to Grand Haven in Ottawa County in Michigan. Winds around 55 mph, and some pretty good lightning. Followed the storms back into Grand Rapids and enjoy the light show.

Got home, neighborhood had no lights, and the old father of mine, had no flashlights and was alone in the dark for over 2 hours. Went out and bought new flashlights for dad, eventually the lights came back on.

Not allowed to chase far, when you are taking care of your father who is in fair health and 75. Family first.

26 West Michigan Chases this year and still no tornadoes this year.

Mike

My hubby and I took off last night and chased the end of a squally line that was rotating. Nothing came of it but sure was nice to get out and get some video of the wicked looking storm. Did get a nader 60mi south of me yesterday morning in Danevang, but was at work........ :(

Back