05/29/04 REPORTS: KS, NE, MO, OK & Northern Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a PNS / Damage assessment out of NWSFO OUN regarding the intense supercell that trekked across OK?! I can't imagine they haven't released something other than the first mini-assessment on a couple of tornadoes just north and notheast of OKC. OUN is typically pretty timely in their assessments, as most are done w/in a week of the event. Anyone else know what's going on here? Certainly the storm should prompt a damage assessment, and I can't imagine why they'd be so tardy with it.

My May 29th was considerably less spectacular than most, but I finished the full report page with video grabs and stills a few weeks ago and thought it would be fun to revive a RPT thread from one of the classic chase days. I chased the Concordia storm, along with the Weathervine crew, and we arrived to the party a little late, but in time to see a few things.

6e714abfc8f900dfee9c8cb97310d649.jpg
About 7:40 PM

1d9d90a2ca5130107bcda54f754d835e.jpg
About 7:50, five miles south of Munden

3ea468197169ab41da7ef1234c10b0af.jpg
About 7:25 from near Wayne, KS looking northwest toward Belleville

northern kansas

Chased 4 satilite tornadoes and got stuck on a wet dirt road with a red dodge neon. If anyone saw me please send me pictures for laughs :lol: . My avatar is one of my pics but i dont have a web sight to download the rest to.

Were you the guy on the radio looking for help, but did not know where you were stuck at?? I got a kick out of that salvo of talk on the ham.

It is never good to get lost on country roads and then get stuck ;)

Aaron

Nope. My chase partner and i just got out and pushed. the entire car was covered in mud and so were we. After pushing the car for about a mile and a half we got some tracktion and drove through a large goup of chaseres who couldnt beleave there eyes. We couldnt stop laughing. But i think i know who you are talking about. A couple had slid off the road. they might be who your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back