04/25/05: TALK: TX/OK

New TOR issued for Dallas/Ellis counties indicate spotters reported a tornado on the ground near Cedar Hill State Park. Still got strong rotation indicated on radar... With SHEAR at 29KTS, along with >2" inch hail.....

Steve Miller reports rapid rotation in a low hanging wall cloud near Mansfield in extreme southeast Tarrant County with storm making hard right turn now into southern Dallas County. Steve reports Ft. Worth Fire Dept closed part of I-20 which seems like an odd thing to do at rush hour. I'm sure they had a good reason; will be interesting to hear it post-event.

AM

That storm is STILL showing TVS with MXSHR around 83 k/s. Wish I was there.... hope it stays out of a populated area... however looking to be real close to the town of maypearl

Originally posted by Mikel Shively
That storm is STILL showing TVS with MXSHR around 83 k/s. Wish I was there.... hope it stays out of a populated area... however looking to be real close to the town of maypearl

Hook is now OVER the town of Maypearl, with VERY strong rotation....

Supercell continues to churn on, with strong rotation in the cities of Italy/Bardwell... Still a TVS on radar with SHEAR at 46KTS and hail >2.5" inches. No confirmed tornado reports in the county, yet.....

EDIT: Tornado report now confirmed... Chasers reported a tornado on the ground over Meaypearl at 500 PM CDT.

Originally posted by nickgrillo

EDIT: Tornado report now confirmed... Chasers reported a tornado on the ground over Meaypearl at 500 PM CDT.

Interesting. I am nowcasting for Marcie Martin and vectored her towards Maypearl right around 5pm. She did report a fairly large wall cloud with rotation and then scuddy development, but did not confirm a tornado. I wonder what she missed... She was just a couple miles south of Maypearl right around 5pm.

Mike U

Originally posted by Mike Umscheid
Interesting. I am nowcasting for Marcie Martin and vectored her towards Maypearl right around 5pm. She did report a fairly large wall cloud with rotation and then scuddy development, but did not confirm a tornado. I wonder what she missed... She was just a couple miles south of Maypearl right around 5pm.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if it was that scud, mis-identifed as tornado (gee, that's rare, heh?) by some chaser also in the area....

I know, it's kind of old news now, but here is a radar image of the hook echo near Mansfield where a tornado was spotted by storm spotters...

0a5dfd678151a5fbf866ae8e35014f2a.jpg

Back