03/10 NOW: S. Plains

Finally things are beginning to pop up. A SVR for Cooke and Grayson Counties, TX.
*update*
Now a SVR for Marshall county, OK. Storm moving out of Cook and Grayson counties.

Storm in Marshall county continues to strengthen. It looks really nice from here, very hard storm updraft and pretty frequent lightning. Radar signature improving as well...

That one in Marshall County is currently already taking on the characteristic "flying eagle" shape and might be starting to show some signs of low level rotation.

EDIT: just as a posted that, the new BV scan came it and it was gone again. darn.

I saw that too, but I was going to wait on another scan to make sure it wasn't an abberation :lol:

Still, it has the flying eagle look visually and on radar. I wouldn't doubt if it starts trying to develop a LL Meso soon...

EDIT: Cell SE of Ada is also starting to strengthen as well. Why can't these things happen, oh, 4 hours before they actually do? :(

EDIT EDIT: That cell SE of Ada is showing signs of some LL action. Check out the latest OKC scan...

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And a Severe T-Storm warning is hot off the presses. Quarters are likely, so it says...

It still looks healthy on radar, with a 60+dbz core. Someone already made a storm report (shown on GR3) w/ dime to qtr sized hail.
Its a bit far from the KTLX / KFWS so it won't pick up very low level rotation. SRV1 is showing some decent rotation now...
*update* Pontotoc county SVR warned. That cell looks impressive to me :)

Originally posted by Chris_Sanner
I saw that too, but I was going to wait on another scan to make sure it wasn't an abberation :lol:

Still, it has the flying eagle look visually and on radar. I wouldn't doubt if it starts trying to develop a LL Meso soon...

EDIT: Cell SE of Ada is also starting to strengthen as well. Why can't these things happen, oh, 4 hours before they actually do? :(

EDIT EDIT: That cell SE of Ada is showing signs of some LL action. Check out the latest OKC scan...

Good to know it wasn't my imagination. One thing for sure, when it starts taking on that shape, I always know it's a storm to watch closely. I am betting it's visually pretty stunning!

I was able to watch it grow from my front porch but I tend to shy away night chasing unless it's for a local emergency manager, then it'd be better classified as night spotting. I sure do hope these things start forming during the day about 100 mi west soon :)

Originally posted by Ronnie Bradley
It still looks healthy on radar, with a 60+dbz core. Someone already made a storm report (shown on GR3) w/ dime to qtr sized hail.
Its a bit far from the KTLX / KFWS so it won't pick up very low level rotation. SRV1 is showing some decent rotation now...

Well, TLX only looking up about 9000 feet. Not LOW low level, but not up to overly high as well. When I said LL rotation I was meaning on the lowest BV scan.

That rotation on C0 is been there two scans now. Maybe these things can get their act together. At least they are separated enough the southern one shouldn't interfer too much with the northern one.

Cells are exploding over S central Ok from south of I-40 ( SSW down to the Red River with the SWrn most cell in Love County beginning to pick up steam. If anybody wants some night lightning photography, now is the time! :)
Most have pretty strong cores, too :shock:

Southern Storm near kingston definitely has weakened over the last two scans as well. Northern one looks like its got a hook developing with the rotation still present.

WOW! That cell near holdenville has a large area of 67dbz at 18000ft, virtually unchanged through several tilts.

EDIT: Supercell split is showing up.

Anybody traveling E on I-40 out of OKC had better watch for falling rocks within the next 15 mins or so, unless that northernmost cell loses its punch!

TOR warning out for Atoka County, OK. The southenmost storms are still discrete for the most part while the northern storms are evolving into a squall line, and later on, probably a MCS.

Back