9 inches of snow on the ground.

Want snow, there are some locations in the
Upper Peninsula with as much as 47 inches
on the ground. NWS Marquette office as of
today reported 178.6 inches for the season,
with 39 inches of snow on the ground.

Mike

Originally posted by rdewey
NWS Information Statements are in... So far this season, the NWS office DTX has recorded 75 inches of snowfall, though I dispute that number somewhat, as I live about 5 miles away and don't think we have anywhere near that. Both DTW and FNT have 55 inches, which is more realistic...

LOL. That's literally FIVE times more than what we've received lol.

I have never been this bitter about the weather before.

Originally posted by Joel Wright+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joel Wright)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rdewey
NWS Information Statements are in... So far this season, the NWS office DTX has recorded 75 inches of snowfall, though I dispute that number somewhat, as I live about 5 miles away and don't think we have anywhere near that. Both DTW and FNT have 55 inches, which is more realistic...

LOL. That's literally FIVE times more than what we've received lol.

I have never been this bitter about the weather before.[/b]

I don't think winter will give up just yet... Some of the biggest ice/snowstorms have occured in March, and even April. In fact, Detroit's biggest snowfall (around 25 inches in 24 hours, I believe), occured in early April. Detroit's LATEST snowfall occured around mid May, where they accumulated 6 inches, with up to a foot around the Flint area... :shock:

I don't want snow that late, though it would be neat with the leaves on the trees...

Back