01/05/05 FCST: Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas

There looks to be some potential on the fifth... Anybody going out? I doubt that I'll be able to make it, however. The NAM looks to be appealing for the area... Strong instabilities (>1500j/kg CAPES) along with deep layer shear sufficient for supercells across OK/KS and into TX and AR in the evening. We'll see.

local news and weather service offices are talking about a SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATION in eastcental, cental and southwest missouri sometime tuesday or wednesday afternoon. The cold front is to my north at 20 miles away. Weather Service in KLSX and KSGF dont know how far the cold front my go.

Originally posted by Rod Neff
local news and weather service offices are talking about a SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATION in eastcental, cental and southwest missouri sometime tuesday or wednesday afternoon. The cold front is to my north at 20 miles away. Weather Service in KLSX and KSGF dont know how far the cold front my go.

They're calling for in excess of 1" of ice in Kansas City tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday morning when it will change over to snow. Not looking forward to this one.

Back