WxWorx on a Mac with Virtual PC

Brian Press

Hello all,

My brothers and I are planning on getting WXworx in a week or so.javascript:emoticon(':D')

Has anyone run the unit on a Mac laptop using virtual PC?

Thanks for your time,

Brian

best of luck

seems like directx issues would/could be a stumbling block... I don't know just how solid the heavier rendering issues will fare on Virtual PC.

Would be a good article for Slashdot...

:shock:

Virtual PC

Don't know how WxWorx would perform, but in general Virtual PC is painfully slow. I'm sometimes forced to use it for business. I run it on a power Book 1.25 GHz and it's excruciating. It does work. But compared to my normal work flow it just sucks out loud.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap Windoze machine just for WxWorx. I can't imagine being satisfied trying to crunch real time, in the heat of battle, with Virtual PC.

db

Re: Virtual PC

Don't know how WxWorx would perform, but in general Virtual PC is painfully slow. I'm sometimes forced to use it for business. I run it on a power Book 1.25 GHz and it's excruciating. It does work. But compared to my normal work flow it just sucks out loud.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap Windoze machine just for WxWorx. I can't imagine being satisfied trying to crunch real time, in the heat of battle, with Virtual PC.

db

Yeah, I agree with that... Virtual PC is very slow, and probably wouldn't handle WxWorx too well...

I think the problem you are going to have is with the
"hard drive" that is created for the PC platform. I doubt
it will work fast enough, since WX requires a lot of memory.

I smell CRASH in the middle of a high-risk day!

Mike

Well we got a cheap pc laptop. works great with MTN. Can't wil to see it use in 2 weeks! I couldn't take a chance with the virtual PC.

Back