Who's staying up all night?

Who's staying up all night?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have my ATI TV, several tabs in Firefox, GrLevel3, VideoLAN switching between different news feeds, and web cams all open on my computer.

EDIT: and a 12 pack of Mountain Dew ready to go. Planning to stay up until landfall. Whenever that is.

have nothing scheduled for tomorrow with rain likely getting me out of work. so i'll be pulling the all-nighter. girlfriend thinks im crazy but whatever. nothing would keep me from watching katrina make landfall.

Armchair multitasking at its best! LOL ... I have like 10 tabs open in Firefox that I go through and refresh every 30 seconds... OCD? Probably, but I gotta get me the latest info!
It's times like these that I really start wishing I had gotten around to exploring a multi-monitor setup!

heck i have 3 seperate computers in front of me. one for vid editing, not being used yet obviously, one for internet and GRlevel3, and one with streaming local cbs affiliate.

Here's a screen shot of my desktop, with everything in view:

screencap.jpg

That black box is CNN but I can't capture that.

Yeah, it's to big of a storm to sleep through. I stayed up most of last night, thinking this way, I would get a good nights sleep tonight, so I could get up early on Monday, and await a 4-6PM landfall! So much for planning, eh? So NOW....I'm dead tired, but still can't sleep, because I'm afraid I might miss something. I expect Katrina will be a cat 4 though, around 145-150 when it makes landfall, but still.......an historic event. This is my third cup of java,and I'm about to send out for some hotwings. I MAY take a catnap about 5, and then make sure I'm awake for landfall. My fear is that I will fall asleep JUST before it lands. I sure hope all the people that wanted out of there, made it.

Me personally I'll probably be in category #3 -- up extremely late and then a little sleep around dawn. Already have a pizza in the oven and a brew on the desk. Not that I'm celebrating or anything, but meteorologically, this is quite a show.

Tim

Hmm, it appears that I'm in this category also, but not really by choice. I sure wasn't planning on staying up all night, that's for sure. All of a sudden I looked at the clock and it's 3:30am in the morning! And I'm still here at my computer... Damn.

I'm planning on going to bed very, very shortly. But then, I said that to myself several hours ago, too.

Ah, I gave in and got some sleep as I figured things wouldn't get interesting until now. Glad I did.

Tim

I crashed shortly after my last post, but I just had to check in again when someone woke me up with a phone call a few minutes ago. Not too bad, it looks like I got almost 5 hours of sleep. That'll do, for now.

Slept for 5 hours, feeling pretty good this morning (the Zicam seems to be helping) and already getting calls so I think I'm going to be up for the rest of the day. Glad I slept because it doesn't look like I missed much.

Well that was a waste. Oh well. After my math lecture, I'll crawl in bed with my lovely girlfriend for 90 minutes and then be up the rest of the day. At least I got something done on my hwk (not much though)...

Back