Where's the snow? In my backyard!

Tim Gonyo

EF2
Fresh pictures from this afternoon. All the snow you see I made between last night and today.

PHTO0241.jpg

PHTO0246.jpg

PHTO0245.jpg

Still running the gun as we speak!! Going to up the GPM to 2-2.5 in an hour or so... temp dropping fast.. 25F / 48% RH.

OMG...OMG...OMG...

Tim...you get the award for the biggest 'weather weenie' of the week!!

Speaking of which...I think it would be fun to have a ST version of 'Weather Weenie' of the week here.

I put my nomination in for Tim Gonyo for this week.

:)

Tim

PS: I'll be happy to send ya foot or two from DEN..

Yep...Tim "Gonzo" Gonyo gets the award hands down for the week...who would have thunk no snow in Wisconsin...so the hell with waiting says Tim...I'll make my own damn snow !! Excellent work !! I guess during storm season we'll have the usual suspects...funny hail shots...rattlesnakes chasing chasers out of the weeds taking a leak...and other such musings.

Great idea T. Samaras...will be fun to vote on the nominees.

Wonder how much snow he has accumulated now! Does the NWS Issue Winter Storm Warnings for local snow accumulations greater than 6" in an area smaller than a backyard? ;) ;) (an obvious ill joke)

Congratulations on your award :)

Thats really cool, are you able to control the type of snow produced? Can you produce different snow with it depending on the conditions(heavy wet snow vs. dry powder)?

Thats really cool, are you able to control the type of snow produced? Can you produce different snow with it depending on the conditions(heavy wet snow vs. dry powder)?

Not really. If its warmer I produce wet snow, and when its below 15F powder is the norm. Only way I could maybe make it wetter is introduce more water into the mixture.

Thanks Tim

THE NATIONAL WETHER SERVICE IN WISCONSIN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR WHATEVER COUNTY TIM GONYOS BACKYARD IS IN. AT 1258 AM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME NATIONAL WETHER SERVICE DOPLAR RADAR FAILED TO LOCATE ANY ORGNIZED SYSTEM TO ACCOUNT FOR THE SNOW STORM. A MAJOR WINTER STORM IS UNDER WAY PREPARATION TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION, DUE NOT TRAVEL UNLESS IT IS AN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION IN EXCESS OF 8' IS OCCURRING IN THE WARNING AREA WHICH IS SO SMALL IT CAN'T BE TRACED ON ANY NWS MAP.

LOL and I thought my SDS was bad... Tim great photos that's incredible it's amazing how far technology has gotten us. You have provided a great service to the entire chaser community by showing when the atmosphere won't do what we need it to we can make our own damn storms. Do you have any weather machines we can use just before a BUST day something to initiate convection and counter the weather deflectors out here on the plains. I'm going to try to invent a supercell generator with 3 custom settings HP, LP and classic.

LOL David, thats funny:D Pretty interesting idea, Tim! What's the water flow per hour and how cold air should be? I might try this by myself as well, but I assume we can't get such cold like you do. Guess just few degress below zero won't be enough.

LOL and I thought my SDS was bad... Tim great photos that's incredible it's amazing how far technology has gotten us. You have provided a great service to the entire chaser community by showing when the atmosphere won't do what we need it to we can make our own damn storms. Do you have any weather machines we can use just before a BUST day something to initiate convection and counter the weather deflectors out here on the plains. I'm going to try to invent a supercell generator with 3 custom settings HP, LP and classic.

Since I created a mini-snowstorm, maybe I could create on of those mini-tornadoes :D

Back