What is the name of your chase vehicle?

I was reading this site and noticed something that I have always wondered about. Why do people call their vehicles 'her' :?:

For example:
Well. currently I have a 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager.... haven't really named her yet...

I noticed the same thing when people talk about ships in the military. They address the ships as 'she' or 'her'.

Just asking but....why :?: :?: :?:

I was reading this site and noticed something that I have always wondered about. Why do people call their vehicles 'her'

Tradition. But this is not the case everywhere...the Russians refer to their ships by the male gender.

Well, they are temperamental, high maintenance and need lots of money just to keep going. Very Happy

You say it like it's a bad thing. :D

Well with my car... it's a she too. Her only problem is she needs some lube every 500-600 miles ;).

Well... she's starting to get some transy problems when I put it in reverse (it takes a second or needs a bit of gas to get it to switch to R). Afraid to know what cost may be to fix that... man women are expensive.

Aaron

Albatross, for the obvious size...

f703e89d8ca6b59fe04e4d2ab5349146.jpg

Soon I'd like to change my rear-end to 3:73's for better fuel efficiency, and less wear-and-tear on the engine. Guy who had it before me raced sprint cars, and this was the pulling truck. Rebuilt 400 V8, rebuilt Turbo 400 and what I think are either 4:11 or 4:56 gears.

Her only problem is she needs some lube every 500-600 miles .

Aaron, since you're a newly married man, I'm not even going to touch that one with a ten foot pole. I'll give you a few years, then we'll revisit it. :twisted:

Regards,

Mike

the usual "porcupine"comes up alot,but not till a chase toward Louisiana did the song "THUNDERSTRUCK"by AC/DC came on and thats whats been my cars named since.

Back