What is the name of your chase vehicle?

I was just curious, I have heard some interesting names given to chase vehicles...everything from Arch Angel to Meatwagon.

We put a lot of work into our vehicles so I guess it makes sense to name them. Do you have a name for your chase vehicle and if so, what is it, and where did the name come from?

Hmmmm...

Never thought to "name" it. I guess the best would be descriptive. "Dad's ugly green truck" is what my daughter calls it. I told her she was going to get it when she was 16.. Sweet Revenge. :D
John

Susan, mine is aptly named:

"you stupid piece of ##@$%^& crap! why did you have to pick now to quit after I just spend X amount of dollars so this wouldn't happen?? can't you see the cell I'm chasing??"

I know, it's kind of a long name, however, when said enough, it kinda rolls off the tongue. :wink:

Seriously though, I never really considered naming it. I'm going to give this idea some thought...

Be well, TR

TycoChaser 2000:

Here she is in all her splendid glory
[Broken External Image]:http://webpages.charter.net/mikedeason/tyco2.jpg

A few souveneirs from mother nature
[Broken External Image]:http://webpages.charter.net/mikedeason/tyco3.jpg

Typical appearance of the "cockpit" after a typical 600-1000 mile chase day
[Broken External Image]:http://webpages.charter.net/mikedeason/tyco5.jpg

Never got her stuck, she's never quit on me and no replaced glass. However, if you see her coming towards you, do me a favor and slow down so as not to blow her off the road. I did find myself getting pushed across the road last year when I got crosswinded by an 80mph RFD. :)

Regards,

Mike

Hey that is a life-size Tonka!

Nothing fancy like "Arch Angel", my SUV is simply "Carmen", for the first town I drove to when I bought it. Carmen has a Spanish mission, built in the 1600s. Had to go there.

Look at the hail dents on that other one. Seen some field time? LOL

I call my explorer the "golfball" because its white and has dimples all over it (1 too many core punches I guess). I have had to replace my winshield once and lightbar domes each of the past 2 yrs.

My friends call my chase vehicle "Spike" because of all my antennas.

Haildodger

My first chase vehicle was an 1988 Chevy Nova affectionately known as Haildodger. It lived up to that name until one rather disastrous night in Amarillo in 2000. I have now moved on to a 1999 Rav-4 that is currently "the chase vehicle with no name." Haildodger II doesn't seem to work......hopefully the inspiration will come before I run the thing into the ground....

Cheers,
Jay Antle
Lawrence, KS

My white Ford Ranger I had from 1997-1999 was called "Bones," because it was white and all the hail dents gave it a chewed up or knawed appearance, like a giant dogbone.

My green Ford Taurus I had from from 2000-2002 was called "The Road Warrior."

My current ride is called "Invisible." You'll understand why I haven't included a pic :wink:

Well. currently I have a 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager.... haven't really named her yet... hmmmm... BUT am planning on getting a different ride soon and I have found this one I'm thinking about getting for my chase ride.. it's already named... ironic about the name, it's a perfect name for a chase vehicle...LOL see pics.. You will understand..

3e868dd9898862eff7643fd0cfc4a0e2.jpg

And her name is.....

d2804b86c7bce0353afe749d97200c3e.jpg

I like it!!! Except take the "Super" off and put a tornado image there...

Dave

Back