Warmness

I looked Vermont up from a big USA map I have on my wall above the bed and yes, that's quite north. There were thunderstorms in Lithuania and Sweden earlier this week, that's even more north. Currently, "blazing" 37,2 degrees Fahrenheit outside. I have heard that El Nino is active. Maybe our strange weather is from this?

Its insanely warm with temperatures well above average over much of the Europe, in south-central EU we broke the record for autumn, its was ~ 3 degrees above average. And is still on going and looks like it will continue through whole January, again we're few degrees above the average.

Sure, ENSO+ and NAO+ say it all, it is a cause for such anomalies. Its funny how opposite is it from the last winter, when we had few metres of snow in the mountains with some record breaking heights, but this year there are rare stations in the Alps that are close to 1m of snow...a lot of ski centres has problems with no snow or they're are even closed!

Hopefully this is a good sign for both storm seasons, first spring in USA and then summer here in EU...

Richmond, Virginia has been fairly above average for this time of year. Two days ago, it was sunny and 73 degrees. The only time it's been dropping below 50 is during rain showers. This pattern has affected us for a month, maybe greater. I remember that in early to mid November, the temp had started bottoming out in the 27-34 range.

Not anymore.

Highs got up over 80 F here today, but Wednesday's low is supposed to drop to around 35 F. Brrrr. :)

I refrain from posting smilies, but this time I would really want post a smiling face, as 35°F is hot for me when it is January.

Currently the temperature is 36.9°F in Laguja. Sky is overcast

I refrain from posting smilies, but this time I would really want post a smiling face, as 35°F is hot for me when it is January.

Yeah, I'm not originally from here, so it's funny to me as well. People in this part of Florida think it's cold when it's 55 F. We have six to eight months of 90 F high temps here most years. I miss the seasons.

Indeed. I have seen weather forecasts from CBS 4 (broadcasting in South Florida) and I have rolled on the floor laughing when weather announcer says "Cold, upper 50's".

To indicate, how "hot" it is - I reinstalled my rain gauge outside today so at least I'd have something to report to Jõgeva Weather Enthusiasm Center. At this time of the year, I should be reporting snow depth, but there is no snow to report. However, turn to 20's is expected from Thursday along with sleet and snow. I guess then, I will need to bring the rain gauge back inside. Currently 37.4 degrees.

Also, apologizes because of a grammar error in my previous post

Back