Wall cloud identification quiz

3 days remain

Just 3 more days to register your selection(s)...the results will be published here on Storm Track on Jan. 1st after the hangover goes away :p .

Results postponed

Due to a wild Sooner game...the results of the wall cloud identification quiz have been postponed until Tue. night at some point. Arghh:confused:

Good Quiz Brian. Good way to keep busy untill Scott brings back the Chase Case Game again :)

Yeah, I noticed that, Tarmo. Nice job. You did better than I did.

You're welcome...I will start organizing a new chaser "quiz" over this weekend. I need to get my attention turned back sometime soon to getting Vortex Times ready for a new season, and to recap last year's 5 chases (1 good one...2 decent ones...and 2 more what the hell was I doing out there ones !!)....woo hoo :rolleyes:

I'm going to go with 1, 3, 4, 8, 10. I can see how all of them might have produced at some point in their lifespan, but within 10-15 min of the photo, I'd say these are my best guesses. Great quiz!

Hey Brian, I didn't see Marc's name in any of the lists, not that he cares that much, but did you count his pics?

Sorry about that oversight...I'll get Marc's selections added in.

I am working on some additional stats right now and should have these posted by this weekend. Thanks to everybody who participated and to those who passed along explanations. It's amazing sometimes that the biggest meanest wall clouds you see struggle to produce...and then a few days later you see one that is about 2 miles wide, and it drops a nice cone.

It's also amazing how many over reports of wall clouds are called in and reported by the public, law enforcement, and sometimes trained spotters. It's almost like people need more rotating wall cloud identification training than tornado spotting training. That type of info would be almost better in some cases as this would provide some lead time before the actual tornado has already become a reality.

Back