Wall cloud identification quiz

I am going to Pick

As Possible Tornado Bound Wall Clouds

Some others looked possible as well, But the Lack of a Rain-Free Base for most of those deterred me.

The structure on #7 is beautiful. Awesome looking picture.

-gerrit

I'll vote 1, 4, 5, 6, and 9, though with all I've witnessed, I could imagine the exact opposite being true. Great quiz! Very tough. I'm intentionally picking away from some of the more organized structure picks just 'cause we've all been frustrated by storms that "should have" produced and surprised by others that "shouldn't have". Of course that means I'm sorta just guessing. can't wait to find out.

Brian, I know you didn't post this as a pole, but I think it would be cool to tally the votes for each storm and publish the survey results just prior to your release of the correct answers. It could be humbling...or perhaps confidence-building...interesting nonetheless. I'd love to see the numbers. Am I lazy for not wanting to count them myself? Admittedly, yeah, a little :)

Interesting wall cloud selections so far...I like the feedback too. Thanks for your participation. This exercise is what we need to bide our time until the first storm brings excitement to the Plains again in 2007...probably March sometime if we can keep the southern branch energetic !!

I'm guessing 1,3,4,10 as being tornado producers. I'm tempted to go with 2 as well as it looks so ominous, although high based looking, but I won't.

I like these quizzes. My guess for tornado producing wallclouds is: 1 3 4 5 8. I tend to favor the lower and wider ones. Some doubt about including 9. Others seem too shelfy to me. The White Deer F3 I saw in 2001 started out with something like photo 5. Of that storm I was already sure it would produce tornadoes 20 minutes before the first one (which came from an area not looking like a wallcloud)...

cheers,
Oscar

Back