UPDATE: Twistex Permanent Memorial Fund

Last Friday, @Doug Gerten and I took the cashiers check provided to us by Michael's girlfriend and opened an account at BancFirst. This account is named "Twistex Memorial Fund" and is structured so that it will require both myself and Doug to be present in order to withdraw any amount from the account. There are no checks, no ATM cards, and no way to move money out without us both present.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
The account is structured as a memorial fund which means anyone can go to any BancFirst location and donate money to the fund. We DO still anticipate the need for additional money for the purpose of creating a slab on which the granite will be placed, as well as clearing and leveling of the area. Thank you in advance for your consideration of donation and for those who have donated, rest assured that we are back on track and ready to make this happen.

@Steve Miller, @KendraReed and others involved, do you know the status of the land where the memorial will go? Has the landowner donated the small parcel where the memorial will be placed, if not, is there a perpetual agreement in place to ensure it is permanent (an easement or something similar)? Will there be any costs involved with that?

@Doug Gerten can speak more to this, as I have not spoke with the owner of the land. I have been told that we have been given permission by the owner to use the land, without any costs associated. The plan is to preserve the current memorial items already place and install the new memorial next to it.

That is my understanding as well. Permission from landowner as well as easement which provides a reasonable amount of space.

Currently we are looking at a late June, July install...I will be sure to provide a date/time once it becomes available! :)

I'm pleased to relay the granite block for the memorial has arrived in El Reno and is currently in the process of being engraved. We are working now to determine how what materials are necessary to complete the monument. More on this portion of the project as well as the dedication ceremony in future posts right here.

Back