Unlimited wireless internet for $20 a month w/o contract

Yea but there is a connection fee and the rate is much higher with Verizon. Anyhow, I'm going with alltel since I last wrote. I renewed my contract (already had phone service through alltel) and got a phone that can tether with my pc. So I'll be adding the data feature soon. If I can't get the data through them next year (because of all the merging stuff), oh well, I'm out the cost of the tethering cord and software ~$30.

Thanks Charles,

I just called Verizon and found that they do have month to month if you have your own device. Anyone had success with a specific Verizon card?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK

I'm not done with this topic yet OK I called AT&T today asking about wireless internet with a card that fits in my usb ports and is month to month and she said that yes they have a plan it's $60.00 a month without any contracts and when your done then you can just turn it off ?????? this sounds kind of wierd to me ???????? I would like to use them but not sure and I need to look at the coverage map anyone have any ideas on this ??????? and again I already have a phone.

Shawn C.

"MYFOXDFW.COM" Fox 4-Warn StormTracker

I went to the AT&T store the other day... and as far as I know there was no was to have internet without a contract through them. I even asked about buying the usb device full price to avoid a contract...

Note: This forum was started because of the unlimited data through the go phone. As far as I know they canceled this deal a few months ago after I did some research.

OK

I'm not done with this topic yet OK I called AT&T today asking about wireless internet with a card that fits in my usb ports and is month to month and she said that yes they have a plan it's $60.00 a month without any contracts and when your done then you can just turn it off ?????? this sounds kind of wierd to me ???????? I would like to use them but not sure and I need to look at the coverage map anyone have any ideas on this ??????? and again I already have a phone.

Shawn C.

"MYFOXDFW.COM" Fox 4-Warn StormTracker

OK

Thanks I appreciate it guess I'll just have to pick one and hope I'm making a good decision but right now based on the map AT&T shows I'm leaning toward them.

"MYFOXDFW.COM" Shawn C.

Yea but there is a connection fee and the rate is much higher with Verizon. Anyhow, I'm going with alltel since I last wrote. I renewed my contract (already had phone service through alltel) and got a phone that can tether with my pc. So I'll be adding the data feature soon. If I can't get the data through them next year (because of all the merging stuff), oh well, I'm out the cost of the tethering cord and software ~$30.

You paid $30 for software than you can get for free and the cable is about $2 shipped

You paid $30 for software than you can get for free and the cable is about $2 shipped

oh well, better than spending $200 on an air card. Atleast this way I can get them to help me with setting up the tethering, instead of like the last time I bought a cord through ebay and had the cell provider say we can't help you because we don't usually do that.

Looking at all my options I think my best bet is to go ahead and rent a card through a company for my 1 week chasecation.
That being said, it looks like Sprint and Verizon are my two best options.

I've heard pretty good reports on Sprint, anyone had success or failure with Verizon?

Back