Unlimited wireless internet for $20 a month w/o contract

bought a att go phone a few months back. i tried the data portion of it for 4.99 a month and it was used up in two log ons. the service rep told me the 19.99 plan works the best. if you dont get a plan it comes out of the balance at like 8 cents a gig. i asked about the laptop card and was told they dont carry those. i bought a refurbished phone for 20.00 vs the same one brand new for 180.00 and have a 70.00 month plan for unlimited nights and weekends. works good on the weather app they have too but that charges ya from the remaining balance.

on the tethering the phone to a laptop where is the best place to get those cables?

As far as the coverage maps prepaid vs post paid they should be the same. They used to be different back before when there was Cingular Orange vs ATT Blue before the merger.

My son worked for AT&T for a while in Marketing. He made it pretty clear that the different coverage maps were kept for use by sales, to more or less scare folks into signing up for AT&T's regular two year contracts.

I just spoke with an ATT Representative and she was told that the use of an aircard will not work, however, tethering Does work, and is fine to do. I will be signing up this evening.

Tim

OK
I seem to be missing the boat here so I'll try to make this simple I have AT&T both for Home Phone,Internet at home-dial up,Cell phone AT&T/Cingular and now I'm wondering about Internet access while out chasing on a laptop ????? I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm a little confused about "Tethering" ??????? what is that ???? and for Internet on the road what would I need for my Laptop or is it better to just go with sprint or Verizon ???? and I have 2 usb ports and I do not need a phone already have a older Nokia.

Shawn C.

OK
I seem to be missing the boat here so I'll try to make this simple I have AT&T both for Home Phone,Internet at home-dial up,Cell phone AT&T/Cingular and now I'm wondering about Internet access while out chasing on a laptop ????? I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm a little confused about "Tethering" ??????? what is that ???? and for Internet on the road what would I need for my Laptop or is it better to just go with sprint or Verizon ???? and I have 2 usb ports and I do not need a phone already have a older Nokia.

Shawn C.

If you want faster speeds you will need a newer 3G phone. Teathering is when you hook your phone to your laptop with a USB cord or bluetooth and use it for your internet. All you need is the $15 unlimited Media net plan and you will be set .

I tethered with AT&T last season for my chasecation and it worked okay, but there were a lot of "dead zones" in Kansas. I had trouble refreshing radar quite a few times. It seemed to have dial-up speeds too.

Anyone know of a good wireless broadband that has no contract requirement?

I tethered with AT&T last season for my chasecation and it worked okay, but there were a lot of "dead zones" in Kansas. I had trouble refreshing radar quite a few times. It seemed to have dial-up speeds too.

Anyone know of a good wireless broadband that has no contract requirement?

Buy an Alltel card on ebay and you can go month-to-month with them.

So why do I go to that AT&T store, and they say I can't use a go phone for internet on my laptop?

If they don't know what they're talking about, what do I do if I get a go phone? If I get a cord to connect the phone to a pc, how do I get the pc to recognize it can use it for internet?

errr... just saw the coverage maps. I think I will wait until the 25th and see what T-mobiles usb data card and plan cost.

I was going to go with Alltel month-2-month but they said in a year or so who knows who or I would still be able to use the equipment I would purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy an Alltel card on ebay and you can go month-to-month with them.

It appears they've been acquired by Verizon, anyone know if an alltell card or verizon card are valid for month to month through Verizon if they're bought on ebay?

I have been on the ATT service for the past year and agree..its not too bad, except for the coverage in Kansas is shady.

I was told by a Verizon rep that, although Verizon acquired Alltel, Alltel is still a separate entity. Contracts are still separate, just as they were before.

Thanks Charles,

I just called Verizon and found that they do have month to month if you have your own device. Anyone had success with a specific Verizon card?

Back