Tropical Storm Ingrid

Ok, the NHC and NAFC Norfolk are all wayyyyy behind this system. Everything that I use is pointing that this is a tropical storm, I mean, hell, sat. images alone show a darn good area of thunderstorms mushroomed over the past couple of hours. This will likely be an East Coast concern, if at all, later next week. Ride this thing up here to Jacksonville, get me outta here for a few days. A best case, if you can say that, is landfall in the Ctrl GOMEX and bring beyond desperately needed rain. We'll see, I still smell an Opal type system later this month or next month in the GOMEX.Like I said, we'll see, it'd at least be a change from this summer. I'm expecting Humberto, as are many models, to rapidly intensify as it moves off to the WNW over the next couple of days. The powerful front next week is likely to kick the storm away from the U.S., but that remains to be seen. The Bermuda High is blocking it from Bermuda, so they are almost completely out of the woods. Also, a large area of thunderstorms is preparing to move offshore into the Atlantic from Senegal, it's a potent area of convection and is to be monitored.

Last edited by a moderator:
The name game

I agree that NHC may be behind on this one. I think when the HH gets some redundantly good data, things will become clearer. They seem to be a little slower at this time in naming than they were at the first of the season.

TD-8 is cycling, but could be a TS before tomorrow..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gulf system is now Humberto officially.

Also, I disagree that the Atlantic TD is really a storm now- the T-numbers are not impressive yet as there is easterly shear displacing the convection to the western semicircle. Also the cloud tops have not cooled recently, so I think a TD is the correct designation for the time being.

May grow weary of "Ingrid" forecasts

TD-8, it seems, will be a long lived storm and difficult to long term forecast. There are so many factors that will slow it down in forward progress and intensity development, that we all may grow weary of forecasts with this storm.

It will interesting to see how things progress. It will also be interesting to see posts from everyone on this storm's progs..

Was Ingred and Jerry the same storm? It looks as if Jerry started from the remnants of Ingred.

Back