Tropical storm (err, hurricane!) Vince heading for Europe?

Wow...! VINCE is still Tropical Storm and some satellite images shows the cloud-bands moving around an eye. Still making a pretty monitoring of situation in Spanish Weather Forums and also in Cazatormentas.Net

http://www.cazatormentas.net/foro/index.ph...n.html#msg74937

VINCE is moving over the SW of Iberia with 998 mb. IT has became stronger in the last hours :shock:

Some webcams from Cadiz shows images like Cuba o Mexico Gulf :shock: !!

(Note: my avatar is not true, of course. Only a little photomontage created by me.)

David Shohami,
here is an Italian site about such cyclones in Mediteranean, they're called TLC (Tropical Like Cyclones I guess): http://www.fenomenitemporaleschi.it/page18c.htm
It's in Italian language, but you can translate it somehow with online translators :wink:

Aaron,
I found it on one forum...unfortunatelly there wasn't any link besides, just an attached pic, so I really don't know where to find it sorry :oops:

-Marko

Thanks! Very interesting!!

And now in the last discussion by the NHC they say that this is the first tropical cyclone in recorded history that ever made landfall in the Iberian peninsula. (And why not in Europe altogether?)

WTNT43 KNHC 110829
TCDAT3
TROPICAL DEPRESSION VINCE DISCUSSION NUMBER 8
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
5 AM EDT TUE OCT 11 2005
THE HISTORICAL RECORD SHOWS NO TROPICAL CYCLONE EVER MAKING LANDFALL ON THE IBERIAN PENINSULA. BASED ON SURFACE REPORTS FROM FARO
PORTUGAL...THE CENTER PASSED JUST TO THE SOUTH OF THE COAST OF
PORTUGAL...BEFORE BECOMING THE FIRST TROPICAL CYCLONE TO MAKE
LANDFALL IN SPAIN
-----------

I am wondering, too...is this the first TC just in Iberian peninsula or in whole Europe? Maybe there was something in NW France or United Kingdom in the past?

-Marko

I am wondering, too...is this the first TC just in Iberian peninsula or in whole Europe? Maybe there was something in NW France or United Kingdom in the past?

-Marko

Perhaps all the records in Europe are remains of old hurricanes and other tropical low systems, but not true tropical systems making landfall,

Absolutely incredible to my eyes... :shock: !

By the way, VINCE is now a Tropical Depression...

Back