The Stormtrack target forecasting game is back!

Wow, this is such a cool idea! It's just the kind of thing to help a newbie like myself refine the "art of the chase". There are so many things I have to learn, and at least here I won't be burning up a lot of expensive gasoline. :wink:

Should this be limited to the first tornado and first hail report, or should it be who is closest to any (multiple) tornado or hail report?

I'm thinking that change might make it closer to a desk or virtual chase similar to chase case studies. As I mentioned before it may be cool to add the initial point and then maybe be able to move a maximum of 50 miles per hour as the day wears on. I would think the cut off would be close to sundown.

I suppose this makes it more difficult to manage and score, but if there is a way to do it automatically it could be good.

Any thoughts here? Anyone have any similar ideas? I guess I'm just thinking the first tornado isn't always the best or longest tracked or in the area of highest density of tornado reports. In a given day you could have a breakout of torns in KS in a small geographic area, and then you could have a separate area breakout in Tx later. This might occur if you compare a warm front forecast to a dryline forecast for instance. Neither is incorrect, and both would be good choices.

Originally posted by Karen Rhoden
Nah.....the map's been centered on where the *real* weather happens.

:lol:

J-U-S-T- -K-I-D-D-I-N-G.

K.

Good to know....badgers are VERY ill-tempered creatures :)

Pat

I would like to see a time of post included with the pop-up if at all possible.

Pat

Is this the "real weather" you're talking about, Karen? :p

ColinMcDermott_0882.jpg

071304_Roanoke_2.jpg

:wink:

I second the motion for including more of the tornado prone area's of the midwest and central southern area's - maybe Denver on the west ,eastward to Columbus Oh as the boundaries . Just a suggestion.

Jon Miller
KT8NDO

Back