The Ghost Train - A Podcast By Chasers For Chasers

Marcus, you asked about length of my chases into the Dakotas and I didn’t have a good number for you. Looks like those have been in the 1200 mile range. A couple of those years, I had intermediate targets and eventually made my way there. But last year, for an example, the first 24 hours took me to my first target in southern Montana at a little over 1000 miles (where I busted horribly) and then overnighted in SW North Dakota at the 1280 mile mark.

2014ChaseMap.png

I have enjoyed all the shows, last night's was a nice change as I have to get to bed on Sunday nights for an early workday on Monday. Keep up the good work!
Really enjoyed the differences in chase gear, like Skip, I can't seem to make my phone work for me, just not enough screen space, and I feel lost without my laptop for video/image editing.

I definitely would like to hear more about car camping in a future episode. I've always just went with hotels and that can be a huge pain sometimes. I'm buying a new car sometime in the next few weeks so I'll be looking for any way possible to save money this chase season.

I have been car-camping the last 30 days in Florida, (from Iowa) and so far everything is great. I have a memory foam bed, storage for computers, cameras, food, and clothing. I designed my car "camper" to blend in with every other car so not to tip anyone off. If you parked next to me, you would never imagine that I was sleeping. My car has a dual-battery off offline power (phones, computers, cameras). Of course I scooped up one of the last remaining Verizon unlimited data plans for watching tv, Netflix, and weather streaming. I plan on staying in Florida until the severe season starts up in the deep south and midwest. If you see my spotter icon or you are nearby, give me a buzz.

Another Setup Analysis show tonight. On the slate is the February 5, 2008 Super Tuesday Outbreak...March 8, 2010...and May 31, 2010. Hope you come see the show tonight @ 8 pm CT!

Watch video >

This week, we'll be live on FRIDAY night with James, myself, and Skip who will be broadcasting from ChaserCon. He'll be taking us for a tour of ChaserCon during the "ice breaker" night, as well as pulling some chasers aside to share some past experiences. Hope you guys join us on Friday the 13th!!

This week, we'll be live on FRIDAY night with James, myself, and Skip who will be broadcasting from ChaserCon. He'll be taking us for a tour of ChaserCon during the "ice breaker" night, as well as pulling some chasers aside to share some past experiences. Hope you guys join us on Friday the 13th!!
What time will you be on (locally) Marcus? No ChaserCon for me this year, but am going to try catching you guys from the road as we travel up to Traverse City for the weekend.

Apologies to everyone last night, my computer is currently struggling to even boot so I'm having to use my phone until further notice.

So after some time away from the show, we WILL be back this Sunday. Topics are being tossed around but we still need guests. We'll probably call on some of you past guests to come on if you'd like. I'll post with more info on this weekend's show. As for the setup analysis...not sure. Won't happen Saturday as I'll likely be busy.

Also...THANK YOU everyone for getting us to 100 subscribers on the YouTube channel. That tells me there's at least 100 of you that actually care about the show lol.

I'm still working on a guest list, but tomorrow's episode will be about the following subjects:

Best March chase (with pics and vids to show if possible)
Discussions about Oscillations and their impacts on severe weather intensity and/or frequency
What to watch for in the models right now for signs of the first legitimate setup
What do you do during the off-season to preoccupy yourself until storm season ramps up

Tomorrow, March 15, 2015, we're back in action with the show.

Back