SwiftWX problems

Is anyone else having problems with their SwiftWX software? For some odd reason I can't get mine to function properly. The storm attributes are not displaying when I try to download them from the catalog. It tells me that the download has been completed, but nothing shows on the screen. The watches are also not displaying. Same situation there: the queue says the download is complete, but nothing displays. Also, the times and dates are wrong on the convective outlooks and mesoscale discussions. For some odd reason the date is froze at 4/30. There is also an old convective outlook for the eastern states that wont go away. All of my settings are correct, so it has to be a techical issue on the manufacturer's end. Anyone have any comments? Ideas?

Originally posted by Anthony Silver
Is anyone else having problems with their SwiftWX software? For some odd reason I can't get mine to function properly. The storm attributes are not displaying when I try to download them from the catalog. It tells me that the download has been completed, but nothing shows on the screen. The watches are also not displaying. Same situation there: the queue says the download is complete, but nothing displays. Also, the times and dates are wrong on the convective outlooks and mesoscale discussions. For some odd reason the date is froze at 4/30. There is also an old convective outlook for the eastern states that wont go away. All of my settings are correct, so it has to be a techical issue on the manufacturer's end. Anyone have any comments? Ideas?

Use the help system at swiftwx.com. Rory (the developer) is awesome at getting back to you in a timely manner.

Thanks for the help, I finally realized that the NWS server was to blame when my Storm Lab Software was doing the same thing. I got a reply from SwiftWX (Rory) and he stated this is an ongoing problem with the NWS Server. This is the wrong time of year for their system to be going down like that, it just goes to show you that computers aren't 100% perfect. I guess having backup plans are always good to have in place when these types of outages occur.

Back