Strong evaporational cooling in W TX

With dewpoints across the area in the 20s and 30s, get a load of the strong evaporational cooling taking place in west Texas right now:

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/surface/sfc_abi.gif

Outside the cold bubble
Wink, TX - 71
Canadian, TX - 63
Carlsbad, NM - 62
Elkhart, KS - 59

Inside the cold bubble
Lubbock, TX - 45
Hereford, TX - 40
Clayton, NM - 37

Its chilly here in Los Alamos, NM. Currently its around 50F and dropping fast. The NWS predicted snow showers for above 7000ft this morning but it stayed as rain thankfully.

Last night, it was cold here in Wichita. So cold in fact, we had frost advisories issued :( . Today seemed to warmup nicely though :).

Well, I got you all beat :lol:

We had close to 14 inches of very heavy and wet snow at the local NWS office and points north. I live about 15 miles from the NWS, and managed to sneak by with only 2 inches on the ground :lol:

This brings our yearly total snowfall to 97 inches according to DTX.

Originally posted by rdewey
Well, I got you all beat :lol:

We had close to 14 inches of very heavy and wet snow at the local NWS office and points north. I live about 15 miles from the NWS, and managed to sneak by with only 2 inches on the ground :lol:

This brings our yearly total snowfall to 97 inches according to DTX.

Unbelievable! You guys have already slaughtered us in the snowfall department for the season, and then you get this "bonus" snow! I think we ended up with 16" for the entire season, lmao. Oh well. As we Cub fans always say.........maybe next year!

:p

Back