Stormtrack Picnic officially set for Sat. May 13th

Despite the slight risk that has been issued for eastern TX. and possibly for far west TX. tomorrow. The Picnic will go on as scheduled. Only the truly hard core will likely be chasing... eastern TX. may have some marginal storms but you'll need a chainsaw as the best of it for what thats worth will be in the piney woods.

Further west, storms won't get cranked up ontil dark, good lightning op's will be the main item with these.
So, why not save a few bucks on gas and head out to Piedmont, OK. 1pm Saturday 5/13. Directions are as follows:

From I-35.. take the Kilpatrick TP to the Rockwell Exit. Go NORTH to NW 206th St. Make a LEFT. You'll be heading WEST. Continue PAST Piedmont Rd. another mile and a half roughly, over a small hill... you'll see a residential area... from that hill take the THIRD RIGHT.. which is Hall Rd.... you'll be heading NORTH for about 0.6mi.... take that to the end which deadends in my driveway.

You can also take I-40 to the Mustang Rd.exit which is also HWY 4. in Yukon. Take 4 NORTH aprox. 13mi. thru Piedmont. The road continues NORTH as Piedmont Rd. Take that to NW 206th St. then make LEFT.

You can also take NW Expressway (Hwy 3) to Hwy 4 (Piedmont Rd.) Follow directions above thru Piedmont.
WORD OF CAUTION: The cops in Piedmont have been getting pretty aggressive with speeders. They've become a bunch of sneeky littler buggers and word has it they don't give warnings much anymore.

As for food.... come with a ravenous appetite, Dee is making deviled eggs as I write this... also barbecue ribs are on the menu, and the usual hamburgers, hotdogs ... veggies, dips and chips. I'm hoping to find some good salmon for the late comers... probably will only be a couple of filets but will feed at least a dozen or so anyway. They'll be plenty of pop and juices. With this particular get together...no alcohol is permitted as kids will be present...

You just need to bring yourself and a suggested donation of at least 5 bucks to cover expenses per person.
The whole family is welcome, bring the kids, the pool is open but a wee chilly yet tolerable.

Bring an edited DVD or VHS tape. If those run out...I have a large stock of videos from last year on back to the 80's to choose from.

So...... don't let some miniscule wamby pamby milktoast storms in TX. lure you away from the first bonafide stormtrack picnic in two years... One reason I'm going thru with this...my wonderful wife Dee has already done alot of work to get ready for this being I saw this as a very marginal chase set up this weekend to begin with... so even if you drop by for an hour, that would be good enough. I'm expecting roughly 70 or so to show but we should have enough food for quite a few more.

Looking forward in seeing you!
God Bless! Rocky&family

Back