Storm Chaser Ben Tucker in Critical Condition

This is very disheartening. Best wishes to Ben and his family and I pray for him a speedy recovery.
Rodney

Horrible news. It is another reminder of how situations can change in the blink of an eye. Literally. Im not sure where one would begin but if he needs it perhaps something could be done similiar to what was done with Jeff Wears Situation. I dont know the situation exactly but MAYBE something to keep in mind.

Ben, you will be in my thoughts and prayers big guy. May the Lord heal you quickly with his mercy and grace.

Chaser in critical condition

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ben and his family! I wish him a quick and full recovery!

Update on injured chaser Ben Tucker

For those of you who haven't heard, on January 12th of the new year storm chaser Ben Tucker of Lincoln, NE was involved in an extremely serious three car accident leaving him critically injured. He is currently in intensive care at BryanLGH West Hospital in Lincoln. There is now a website we can all go to and receive daily updates on Ben's progress and even post messages that his family will read to him everyday. You can even view photos of Ben and his family. This is an extremely tough time for Ben and his family. Not only has Ben undergone life changing trauma, he was also due to be married very soon.

The link I've attached will send you to Carepages.com where you can create an account to gain access to Ben's website that's hosted by Bryan hopital and Ben's family.

First, click on the blue button in the middle of the page that says "new visitors and returning members".

Second, click on the blue button that reads "sign up" and then put in your info.

Third, after entering your info it will ask you what carepage you would like to go to. You must enter BenTucker just like I have it spelled here and with no spaces.

You should be good after taking these steps. It might take a coulple minutes to complete but it's a small price to pay to show support for one of our own not to mention that Ben and his family will greatly appreciate any words of encouragement we can offer.

Here is the link to Carepages website:

http://www.carepages.com/home.jsp?seed=232392&ClusterNodeID=jb01&tlcx1=bryanlgh&tlcx2=1719777

Thanks for the link Sean, definetely an excellent source to montior Ben's condition/progress. Considering the page is updated by his family I imagine any messages left are great in terms of lifting their spirits, and it sounds like all messages left are being read to Ben, I imagine while in a situation like his hobbies are kind of put on the backburner, but I'm sure messages from fellow storm chasers are helping raise Bens spirits and provide him with one more reason to continue to fight.

I'll be praying for Ben and his family as well. These types of injuries are not the easiest to accept, but I always believe in keeping the faith. God Bless him and his family. Get Well Soon Ben!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ben after this awful accident.

Sean,
Is there a place I could send him a *free* copy of the Storms of 2006? I bet once he's feeling better, out of intensive care and in recovery it might lift his spirits to see some storm videos to pass the time.
Let me know if that's appropriate.
Verne

From what I know right now Ben should have had surgery to close up his abdomen and to rebuild his hip today. Progress has been slow and Ben still has yet to wake up but that might be a good thing right now because I don't think a concious person would be able to handle the kind of pain his injuries would cause. Some good news is that it seems Ben has started to move his right arm and leg purposefully. This is actually quite incredible since his right leg is in traction!

On another note, Verne's recent act of kindess by donating his video "Storms of 2006" has given us a great idea. DONATE STORM FOOTAGE! Ben will need all the inspiration he can get while he fights to get better and it could possibly take quite a while! He can't just keep watching Storms of 2006 forever!(No offense Verne, and everyone else that contributed to the video:) But 2006 sucked! and Ben needs to see real tornadoes! The kind that got us out into the field. You can even go nuts and make a special one just for Ben if you'd like or if you have a nice picture of you in front of a tornado or just the tornado send that too! Just imagine if this happened to you! What would you want? If you would like to donate a video or to send any kind of gift to Ben PM me and I'll hook you up with an address.

Thank You!
Sean

My thoughts and prayers are with Ben and his family during this difficult time. It really goes to show how fragile life can be.

Back