Storm Chaser Ben Tucker in Critical Condition

Sean McMullen

I learned today that last Friday on Jan 12th storm chaser Benjamin Tucker of Lincoln NE was involved in a very serious three car accident that included Ben's car, a mercury sable, a semi truck and a mini-van. Ben was driving on HWY 34 probably 10-15 miles east of Lincoln near the town of Eagle when he went nearly head on with a semi. I found this article on Lincoln Journal Star's website of Lancaster county's press release of the accident. They didn't mention names but Ben's car is the Sable.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2007/01/12/news/local/doc45a81266dd1ed971068622.txt

What I know as of now is that Ben broke his neck, both of his legs, lost a kidney and is currently in a chemically induced coma in critical condition.

He is currently at Bryan LGH West Hospital in Lincoln. He can't recieve any gifts right now since he is in intensive care but I thought I'd post the information needed to send gifts to his room when his condition is upgraded. For right now we'll just have to keep Ben in our thoughts and prayers.

Oh man, that is horrible news.....I'm keeping Ben in my thoughts and sincerely hope his recovery is steady and his prognosis improves. Anything like this is horrible. One of our own is even worse. I wish him the best.

This really hits home. Something similar recently happened to a very close friend of mine. My heart goes out to Ben and his family. As soon as I get off the computer, I will pray for him.

Back