Sprint Officially Sucks

Yep, did that. I followed all of the instructions in the startup guide, but no dice. I'm wondering if I have the right card for my laptop though. The card is sticking out a little too far I think, like it's bottoming out. I told the sales rep I was using the E1505 and it has a standard card slot. I don't know what would be so different. I'm SURE I am missing a step here, but the main annoyance is that I have a question and I was on hold for nearly an hour. I feel more comfortable when I pay my bills over phone if I can, but I don't want to wait an hour once a month just to pay. I have NEVER waited this long for customer service/tech support. I might have just tried on an extremely busy night, but I would think a nationwide company such as Sprint would have a much faster support line. Just an opinion.

Your card doesn't start with the letters EX does it?

I think I might have just figured out the problem. The Dell E1505 lacks a Type II card slot which is required. Whoops. Looks like I don't have a choice now but to go through the painful process of boxing it back up and returning it. I'm sure glad the guy I spoke with let me know that this card wouldn't work with it, especially since I told him all my specs. Wow, Sprint really impresses me.

I think I might have just figured out the problem. The Dell E1505 lacks a Type II card slot which is required. Whoops. Looks like I don't have a choice now but to go through the painful process of boxing it back up and returning it. I'm sure glad the guy I spoke with let me know that this card wouldn't work with it, especially since I told him all my specs. Wow, Sprint really impresses me.

I thought maybe it was the other way around. I got lucky and before I ordered my laptop I realized I needed to get one with a pcmia slot as there isn't many express slot cards out there. I beleive there is an adapter out there though which might be cheaper than switching to an ex slot card.

Don't know how you feel about Cingular but they have an express data card. The Option GT Max 3.6 Express. I have been using Cingular for 2 years and been pretty happy with the data service. All though I did experience data hell this past Tuesday west of Hutchison Ks. Unfornatly Cingular does not have coverage west of I-35. Its all partner coverage and they don't have Edge only GPRS, and it was slooooooooooooooooow. I am trying to see if this express card has an option for an external antenna.

Novatel U720

Jeremy,

The Novatel U720 has a USB connector instead and the performance is that of a PC Card.

In fact, it configures itself on a Mac and I just need to type in an admin password the first time I plug it in to a new machine.

The bad thing is that you have a object sticking out the side of the machine without using the included USB cable.

It works though and works well. (on Sprint)

Jp

Sorry to bring this thread back from the depths, but I just had one more rant about Sprint. Saturday morning as I returned home I had a message from "Sprint Collections". Apparently after I had returned the card, cancelled my account and wiped everything clean, they still tried to charge me for my service plan. I had a few letters from Sprint in the mail but honestly I just discarded them since I didn't think they were of any importance since my account was caput. So, I had to call customer service again today. After another 44 minute wait just to TALK to someone, the lady on the other end (whom was named Jennifer, yet could hardly speak a work of English) tried arguing with me that I still needed to pay the bill. I was never even credited for the initial $100 something I had paid for the actual card plus the plan. After going back and forth for another 1/2 hour on the phone and telling her I wasn't hanging up until I was refunded, she finally credited me back to $0. She did it rather pleasingly too [enter sarcasm]. It just blows my FREAKING mind that a corporation as big as Sprint has this level of CRAP for customer service. With my face already beat red and hanging up the phone is when I realized I still needed to be credited for the card/plan. I don't advise ANYONE to go with Sprint. I know alot of people have had nothing but good experiences, but for what it's worth, I wouldn't even give them a second glance when shopping for new services.

Sorry for the "bump".

Back