Sprint Officially Sucks

I'm currently on my way back from a non-chasing road trip out to Texas including many rural routes (vistited a very rural and scenic area that we had happened upon on a previous chase). I have the sony ericsson card with cingular and it may not be the fastest by any means but it was very reliable. I was always able to get a connection even with out an external antenna. with an external; antenna, no doubt performance would have been even batter. I'm on I-10 right now just E of Houston heading back and the performance is of course excellent right in the highway.

Cingular has really gotten somewhere with their Customer service lately. I had a few minor issues that were all taken care of very easily.

just my input on Cingular. I've definately heard too many horror stories from Sprint.

Good day,

Nice job, Tony!!

You pulled more strings with them than all the strings I had available to pull back when I had to deal with their POS customer service.

Congrats on a mission "impossible" ;-)

I can't seem to find that customer service number someone posted for Sprint to get a direct line for help. I know it is in here somewheres... anyone care to point it out and help my blondness? LOL
Much appreciated

I hate to sound like some kind of snob, but I must say that the phone companies in the US suck.

My VOIP, fiberoptic 100mbs line, house phone, cell phone at 5 cents a minute, with unlimited data transfer/modem, costs about $80 a month. One company, one plan, no contract, no credit check, no charge for direct billing, no hidden fees. The only catch is that I can only change plans 3 times a year before I am charged a $50 service fee for the 4th and later changes.

Also, all cell phones in Japan have the same area code. I understand that some people prefer their local area code, but I like the one area code for cell phones-personal preference I know.

I am not trying to diss the good ole USA, but it seems interesting that as the usage of cell phones has increased exponentially over the past decade, prices have stayed the same or increased. Something is just plain backwards about the US cell phone market.

I will step down off my soapbox now, and return to my Friday night beer drinking binge, was is the actual cause of this random rant, which really serves no purpose at all, both the beer drinking and the rant that is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, you are absolutely correct. The problem with the US, however, is the shear size of the country. It is 3123213x easier to maintain and upgrade a network with the latest technology in smaller countries.

Aaron

I hate to sound like some kind of snob, but I must say that the phone companies in the US suck.

My VOIP, fiberoptic 100mbs line, house phone, cell phone at 5 cents a minute, with unlimited data transfer/modem, costs about $80 a month. One company, one plan, no contract, no credit check, no charge for direct billing, no hidden fees. The only catch is that I can only change plans 3 times a year before I am charged a $50 service fee for the 4th and later changes.

Also, all cell phones in Japan have the same area code. I understand that some people prefer their local area code, but I like the one area code for cell phones-personal preference I know.

I am not trying to diss the good ole USA, but it seems interesting that as the usage of cell phones has increased exponentially over the past decade, prices have stayed the same or increased. Something is just plain backwards about the US cell phone market.

You're comparing apples to oranges, and even that is generous.

Japan has 880 people per square mile. The United States has 80. One tower in Japan covers a lot more people in the United States.

You may have one area code but I'm guessing you just have more digits. How else would you make up all those phone lines?

Ok...I'm typing this as I'm STILL on hold with Sprint. I'm going on my 13th minute. If it's going to be like this from now on, the card is back in the return box tomorrow. This is absolutly ridiculous.

I just got my card today and I plugged it into the computer, doesn't work. I might be doing something wrong, but the principle of the matter is that I have a question and I'm using my minutes on my cell just to ask one freaking question. I'm getting aggravated in a hurry.

EDIT: Gave up after 20 some odd minutes. I called back to "purchase" a product, got right through! What an amazing coincidence! Anyway, the guy who helped me barely spoke a word of English. After barely making out what he said, he finally put me through to "technical support". Talking to 4 different people who could not help me and kept putting me through to other people, I finally hung up. The card is back in the mail. This is the single worst experience I have had to date, and I have only had the card for 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
As to ask the obvious, did you install the connection software for it BEFORE you plugged in the card?

Yep, did that. I followed all of the instructions in the startup guide, but no dice. I'm wondering if I have the right card for my laptop though. The card is sticking out a little too far I think, like it's bottoming out. I told the sales rep I was using the E1505 and it has a standard card slot. I don't know what would be so different. I'm SURE I am missing a step here, but the main annoyance is that I have a question and I was on hold for nearly an hour. I feel more comfortable when I pay my bills over phone if I can, but I don't want to wait an hour once a month just to pay. I have NEVER waited this long for customer service/tech support. I might have just tried on an extremely busy night, but I would think a nationwide company such as Sprint would have a much faster support line. Just an opinion.

Wow Sprint charges your mintues just for you to call them? I dind't know that. We (Cingular) have always had 611. Free call. Not trying to act like I am rubbing that in. I really didn't know.:confused:

Wow Sprint charges your mintues just for you to call them? I dind't know that. We (Cingular) have always had 611. Free call. Not trying to act like I am rubbing that in. I really didn't know.:confused:

No, my phone isn't through Sprint. I used my cell phone to call the 1-800 number. The reason why was because I started the call at my brothers house and thought I would reach someone by the time I reached home. If I would have known it would have taken so long I would have just used the land line. Pretty ridiculous. It's a damn good thing I don't really talk on the phone to begin with, otherwise I'd be facing some very displeasing overage charges.

Back