Spotter nets: how can chasers help?

Thanks for all of the repeater updates. I'll get these new repeaters in there as soon as possible. We did manage to get the site loading faster, but I'm much further behind from where I wanted to be by this time. Hoping to have some big updates done by the end of March.

Right now, I'm having trouble with Google Map's API limitations in relation to KML files. I'm in the process of converting our KML files to Fusion Tables. Then I have some updates to do with the location of WFOs. Once those are done, I'll do an update on the Repeater Sites.

Thank you all for your patience as I get the bugs worked out. I know there is a lot of interest in this site, and development is ongoing, although low priority due to family, business, and job responsibilities. Hope you understand.

www.hamchaser.com

Thanks for all of the repeater updates. I'll get these new repeaters in there as soon as possible. We did manage to get the site loading faster, but I'm much further behind from where I wanted to be by this time. Hoping to have some big updates done by the end of March.

Right now, I'm having trouble with Google Map's API limitations in relation to KML files. I'm in the process of converting our KML files to Fusion Tables. Then I have some updates to do with the location of WFOs. Once those are done, I'll do an update on the Repeater Sites.

Thank you all for your patience as I get the bugs worked out. I know there is a lot of interest in this site, and development is ongoing, although low priority due to family, business, and job responsibilities. Hope you understand.

www.hamchaser.com

If you'd like some more help with the hamchaser project, I can be of assistance. I do quite a bit outside of Tornado Alley, in the Northeast and Southeast, if you need someone to start funneling that information into one place.

Dean, Scott,
The amateur radio aspect of spotting is ever-changing. I am an active amateur radio operator in the Tulsa area and would like to help contribute to your project. I visited the site and there are errors for the frequencies listed. Most are just out dated and need updated. If you would like, I will compile a list of ACTIVE Skywarn frequencies that hold nets during severe weather.

f you would like, I will compile a list of ACTIVE Skywarn frequencies that hold nets during severe weather.
That would be great! There is a thread in the Equipment section titled "HamChaser Alpha Testing". Can you please review the Repeaters guidelines there and post your updates there?

Updating the repeaters is the last thing we need to get done before the season starts. The database is two years old right now, so we appreciate everyone's help in getting accurate repeater information to us.

Back