Spotter Location Issues

Hello,

I have passed the SN spotter test and I can submit reports, but for some reason my locator dot is not working. I have submitted my information on the NWS contact info section, so that should be fine. Is there something I need to do? I can provide proof if I need to.

Thank you,
Jacob Hernandez

This was resolved with Jacob on the Stormtrack Discord. Signing out of SpotterNetwork in RadarScope and then signing back in seems to have resolved the issue.

I'll look into whether the issue is being signed in before passing the test, not having NWS contact information submitted before signing in, or something else. Otherwise, this should help people going forward know what to do.

I use to be on here in the past and passed the class and all and trying to get back on again, do I need to retake the classes or is there a record in the system of me here before?

I use to be on here in the past and passed the class and all and trying to get back on again, do I need to retake the classes or is there a record in the system of me here before?

Please note that any records of you passing the Spotter Network (SN) test would be located on their website, which is https://www.spotternetwork.org. If you passed the test you wouldn’t need to take it again. However, you may retake the test again to either improve your score, or to refresh your memory on severe storms, spotting, etc., but it is optional.

The only thing that resides on Stormtrack (ST) are the SN support forums. Other than that, everything else remains the same as before. If you cannot remember your SN login credentials, their website has a couple of tools to assist you with retrieving them per the image below.

Since you’re posting here in the SN support forums, it means you’ve established membership with ST and will need to use those login credentials (username and password) when you registered whenever you login to ST. In other words, you have separate credentials for each website and will need to remember both of them. Having a password manager is a *must* these days as it’s just too hard to remember fifty bazillion different credentials for all of the websites a person frequents on the internet. I hope this helps, but if not fire away with any follow up questions.

C683A1E3-7ACD-4556-835D-60C70E47A765.jpeg

This was resolved with Jacob on the Stormtrack Discord. Signing out of SpotterNetwork in RadarScope and then signing back in seems to have resolved the issue.

I'll look into whether the issue is being signed in before passing the test, not having NWS contact information submitted before signing in, or something else. Otherwise, this should help people going forward know what to do.
I've had trouble with not being allowed to share my location for about two weeks now. Ive tried logging out of SN and then back in, uninstalling and reinstalling radarscope, retaking the spotternetwork test, and I'm still at a loss for how to resolve this issue. Help? I'm also no longer seeing any warnings on radarscope and no storm reports.

Hi Beth, this is starting to sound like an RS issue, but the first thing I'd check is that you have the latest version installed (by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store) and then by visiting the settings tab to make sure you're logged in and then the layers tab to make sure you have the different layers turned on. Finally, make sure you un-select the radar chooser to display any selected layers.

Back