• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Red Beacon Spot on Radar Scope for SN not showing

I have had the same issue for days. Ive tried every suggestion offered on other posts. Would welcome any ideas.

I just figured it out. In the RadarScope app go to Settings, General, Spotter Network, and at the bottom in blue is Reporting Location. I set mine to Always and the red dot is now indicating my location.

I just figured it out. In the RadarScope app go to Settings, General, Spotter Network, and at the bottom in blue is Reporting Location. I set mine to Always and the red dot is now indicating my location.
I tried that but that didn’t seem to fix it for me… looks like I will just stick to phone calls to NWS old school style

Ok… upon further review… there was one additional feature to toggle off… it was the “Restrict Near User Location”… so once I did the items you mentioned, and then shut off the “Restrict Near User Location” I was able to get the SpotterNetwork red dot to come up.

Not sure which RadarScope update had this change in it… I don’t recall seeing it in the change logs. Either way thanks for the tips, and hopefully the last one I added will help someone else out there too 👍🏻

Ok… upon further review… there was one additional feature to toggle off… it was the “Restrict Near User Location”… so once I did the items you mentioned, and then shut off the “Restrict Near User Location” I was able to get the SpotterNetwork red dot to come up.

Not sure which RadarScope update had this change in it… I don’t recall seeing it in the change logs. Either way thanks for the tips, and hopefully the last one I added will help someone else out there too 👍🏻
I have noticed that I have to go into Settings and click on Always every time I access Radarscope, and it takes up to an hour for the red dot to show up. I'll try to find the "Restrict Near User Location" toggle and give that a go - thanks for the heads up!

I recall seeing something mentioned a couple of updates ago about a privacy setting implemented with Spotter Network so you could shut off the beacon as you approached home without advertising your location but could still use the location tracking functionality of RadarScope.

Back