SPC Homescreen Widget for Android

Hi All,
I've released a new chaser app that I hope you'll all find useful. It's SPC Widget that runs on your homescreen at your chosen interval and keeps you up to date on the latest SPC outlooks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apexice.android.spcwidget

Keep up to date with the latest Severe Weather Outlooks from the Storm Prediction Center. See the latest Mesoscale Discussions, Watches, Day 1, 2 and 3 outlooks at a glance on this Home Screen Widget.
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.

Hi Verne,
i would like to check this out. However, the app is not for users from across the pond it seems. Is it possible for You to enable access to the app for non-US users ?

No, it's only on Android, but believe me if I have time I'm going to try and port it to iPhone. Of course I've been saying that for a year now. :)

Put out version 1.2 last night. This one makes better use of the space in the widget so that in most cases you can see all 11 SPC outlook/md/watch images in one glance. Minimal scrolling required. Check it out (link at the top of this thread).

Hi, Vern
Hope all is well.
Thanks a lot for this great app. I've been using it for the past couple of days testing it prior to this year's chase in May.
Kind regards
Kai-Asle

Back