Severe weather and the plains.

If looking at a valley full of corn in the sunset gives you a woody now, I sure hope severe weather gets back to you soon!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nebraska storms

Don't feel bad about storms. I live in Leadville Colorado. That is 10,152 feet above sea level. There has never been a severe storm in my county. I always have to go chasing to see any kind of storm. I am sure (unless something really weird happens) there will be more severe storms in Nebraska.

I never retire my camera.. of course, I shoot anything in any storm, so I suppose I could literally go all year 'round.. I tend to retire my camera here in Colorado (for severe weather purposes) sometime in September.. we usually get one last hurrah during the month before the brief period of fall and the changeover to a mild winter with occasional crazy snowstorms. 8)

I never retire my camera..

Same here! There is always stuff to shoot year round, sometimes unrelated to storms. I never go anywhere without some type of camera on my person at all times. In fact, I'm very obsessive about this. One year my 35mm SLR was stolen in December. I went out and bought another one a week later because I didn't want to miss anything if a rare winter thunderstorm popped up :)

Looks like there's a good chance for some severe storms/tornadoes in E/NE Nebraska today... Atleast today you shouldn't be bored. And I just hope you remembered to charge the camera batteries :)

Back