• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Ridgecrest, California earthquake sequence (Searles Valley) - July 2019

I've been sitting out in the quiet, calm desert night for hours, and just experienced an M 2.9 centered very close by, about a mile away and 7km deep. I didn't feel any shaking, but there was a clear low rumble that sounded like distant thunder. The sound was in the direction of the quake (just to my north). Pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I've been sitting out in the quiet, calm desert night for hours, and just experienced an M 2.9 centered very close by, about a mile away and 7km deep. I didn't feel any shaking, but there was a clear low rumble that sounded like distant thunder. The sound was in the direction of the quake (just to my north). Pretty amazing.

I had headed out your way to experience that same thing yesterday.
Got sidetracked and wound up in Tulsa at a Cherokee Nation trinket store.
Good friend is part Cherokee. could not reset buying her some items and then headed back home.
Just got home. Maybe try again in a couple weeks.

Back