Reporting severe weather

It is Skywarn training and then some. The weather service invites a few individuals to show their chase videos after the presentation as well. This is an area-wide event, so people from as far as NW AR will be there. It is a great time to meet chasers and spotters from E. OK and NW AR and share stories over lunch.

I have a draw file for Streetatlas that allows users to view overlaid 800 numbers for WFOs by CWA. While it's certainly preferable to send your report via the local Skywarn net (to help centralize and process reports and keep the ops room phone from ringing off the hook), the 800 number is better than calling 9-1-1, I would guess.

For this draw file to work, you have to download and install a patch for Advanced File Management in Streetatlas. This is extremely simple and doesn't affect any other features. There's a link for that patch somehwere in the archives of this forum; a few search efforts should unearth it. That same thread also lists the directory where I posted those draw files for anyone to download. If somebody wants to do this and can't find the archived messages, send me a PM and I'll dig up the info.

Back