Reminder: Save SPC graphics now!

It's almost the end of the year which is when the SPC purges the URLs for all their watches and mesoscale discussions to make room for the new batch. So if you want to save a graphic from any watch or MD issued this year, do it now! The text for most will still be available in the SPC events archive, but not all days get included in there.

Nice reminder. Too bad you can't go in and get the whole batch as a zip file. Would be a huge timesaver. Maybe one of the guys from there that posts here could go in and zip them all up for us? :wink:

For those interested, I wrote an app in about five minutes that goes through and downloads all the MCD images. I can e-mail people a ZIP, or just the app itself if they want. Perhaps somebody would be so kind as to host the ZIP?

Edit: I removed the code because it was already out-dated, and it was cluttering up this thread.

I can host the zip file for everyone. How big is it? Can you email it to me or do you need a place to FTP it to? How difficult would it be for you do grab up all the watch box graphics as well and make a zip. I have plenty of bandwidth/space for them.

Having difficulty downloading the zip file. First time I hit it with a download accelerator and when it finished winrar said it had an unexpected end of file and wouldn't unzip it.

Tried again a straight download with no accelerator and the server keeps resetting the connection on me.

Having difficulty downloading the zip file. First time I hit it with a download accelerator and when it finished winrar said it had an unexpected end of file and wouldn't unzip it.

Tried again a straight download with no accelerator and the server keeps resetting the connection on me.

Yeah, the file is still uploading. It should be done here shortly. I think when you attempted to download it, the server said "NO!" and kicked us both out.

It should be done uploading here in about 5 minutes or so. My apologies.

-Eric

Yeah, the file is still uploading. It should be done here shortly. I think when you attempted to download it, the server said "NO!" and kicked us both out.

It should be done uploading here in about 5 minutes or so. My apologies.

-Eric

Oh sorry, I thought it was ready to go. thanks for hosting it.

Back