Radar alternatives

That's for Windows Phone 8, which only runs on a very limited number of devices. As far as I can tell, it wouldn't work on Windows 8.1 or Windows RT tablets. In fact, I'm not sure there's any tablet on the market that runs WP8.

If a truly tablet-friendly incarnation of GR3 were released for Windows 8.1, I bet a lot of chasers would be more inclined to buy tablets like the Surface Pro, Dell Venue Pro, etc.

He mentions in the development thread that this summer he will convert it into a universal app for WP81 so you can run it on a Win81 PC (tablet, laptop, and desktop) and all your settings will roam. The regular GR programs already work well on Intel-based Windows tablets.

I know it's a little off-topic, but I wish someone would take the time to program a light weight java-based radar app so it would be platform independent.

ooh... That's interesting...
I agree it would be hard to make a lightweight java program. Didn't even consider the graphic limitations - guess that's why I am not a programmer :)

TR

It's correct, no one is seriously discussing other apps besides GR3 because there really aren't any... To your issue with IE11, it's pretty obvious it's something within your computer as there are many others using the same combination with no issues. That unfortunately doesn't help you right now, but it is what it is. I assume you've taken the steps of disabling all antivirus applications to test as they often set up internal proxies for internet connections which may be the root cause. The issue doesn't appear to be systemic, but is in your specific environment. It sucks, but good luck to you in finding what's wrong. It seems highly doubtful it is a GR3 issue.

On the possibility of an HTML/javascript viewer, it's possible but would require server resources to decode the base data so will be fairly expensive to run on the back end of it so you'd be dealing with a subscription model.

Perhaps a little O/T, but how about an alternative to radar?

I seem to remember some talk about passive millimetric wave cameras--yes, cameras--from a dozen years ago or so
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1252611/posts

One man told me that rotation from a helicopter was seen from over the horizon. Now most passive systems are used in airports to detect illicit items, but pilots may also have something similar: http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=998240

I wonder if this may be used to actually see spin ups

Back