• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

GPS Puc not talking to GRL3

Deano

Enthusiast
Hi All

At my wits end atm lol, after a couple hours playing around with everything.

I had to get a new GPS puc and after ages I finally got it working, but when I go to GRL3 not once has a com port appeared so I can view it in the radar program.

Ive checked google, old fourms and the odd youtube video but no real clear guidence on how to get the Com port apperaing in GRL3, I have version 2.93 which appears to be the latest version. After having no problems for years this is becoming quite annoying and hoping can fix it soon.

Any help to fix this problem would be very welcomed

If anyone has any tips or tricks on getting the Com port options appearing in GRL3 my puc is using com port 3.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Roger

Thanks for the reply

Yes it shows up in Windows Device Manager as Com port 3

Its a GlobalSat USB BU-353N5 updated and installed all drivers its now apperaing in GR3 as an option Com3 but still nothing when I press start so feel like getting closer.

Do I have to make virtual ports for it to appear in GR3?

I had a similar issue with my garmin puc. Had to designate a virtual com port for it show up in the GR3 list.

I now have the issue of the com port appearing in GR3 when its plugged in, but when I start it nothing happens and when I am running the GPS no port appears in GR3

Which mght be more proof I need to make a few virtual ports, the fun never ends lol.

Back