• Andrew Revering

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Jeff Snyder

Votes: 54 31.8%
  • Skip Talbot

Votes: 31 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also just to let you all know that this term of elected members will extend to June 30, so that we don't have our next election in the middle of chase season and so that terms fit within the calendar year. There will be new elections at that time for 3 elected moderators.

Likewise, the incumbent moderators terms expire March 31 and new six month terms start from April 1 onward. These will be appointed positions. We don't know who the new people will be or if current incumbents will be re-appointed. It all depends on the needs of the board.

So basically our appointments and elections will run something like this. I've used the "senators" and "representatives" terminology loosely, but really it's more descriptive of a British parliamentary system. I consider the "representatives" to represent the views of the users and the "senators" to consist of those I appoint who I know personally or have experience working alongside (sort of how we've done it in the past). The idea is it provides the best kind of governance for the site.
stterms.jpg

Tim

It wouldn't be stormtrack if it weren't overly complicated!

I like the choices for mod and hope the appointments will mark a turning point for this forum.

Thanks for voting all,

Like Jeff said, I'd like to stay close and maintain an open door policy. Please don't hesitate to PM me or voice your concerns.

Congrats to all. I have zero desire to be a moderator in this place so I give respect to all those who choose to do so.

Congrats, Skip and Tony! I hope the others offer themselves for future elections. This was an excellent group of candidates.

Tony, Jeff, and Skip,

I wanted to say congratulations and recognize the fact that you guys won the election fair and square. I must have been bringing up the rear to not make it in the top 3, but such is the way the cookie crumbles and the bee bumbles. Best of luck to each of you in the future!

Thanks,
Mark Blue

I must have been bringing up the rear to not make it in the top 3

Actually, I'm guessing that was me. Says a lot about a person's popularity (or not) when they've been a charter member, major contributor, and long-time chaser. FWIW Mark, I voted for you.

Tony, Jeff, and Skip,

I wanted to say congratulations and recognize the fact that you guys won the election fair and square. I must have been bringing up the rear to not make it in the top 3, but such is the way the cookie crumbles and the bee bumbles. Best of luck to each of you in the future!

Thanks,
Mark Blue

I actually wanted to vote for you when I found out you were a christian but I already voted for Tony just because he has been a good mod in the past. Congratulations Tony and Skip on becoming moderaters.

Back