• Andrew Revering

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Jeff Snyder

Votes: 54 31.8%
  • Skip Talbot

Votes: 31 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah but you can read into what everyone says.

People gently mask everything they say when in reality every post is a pissing contest to show off how they are better than others. I'm sick of it before I even started. Not sure what I was thinking throwing my hat into the ring. Maybe thats not a flame war, but it's not something I want to read every day.... A moderator's job is to keep things civil. I'm not in that frame of mind right now, that's for sure.

If that was the case...I would like to have voted for the 6* I think is best...with a multi-choice poll. Any election with multiple positions (like a board of directors) gets an chance to elect the options he desires. It got to be a big issue with a group that I'm president of.

*going back to Tim's post in the 'Call for moderators' thread...I think it is 3 elected and 3 hand picked. So it might only be three here.

From the Call for Moderators thread: http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22091

Tim Vasquez said:
We need a moderator to serve the term November 2009 - June 2010. I think a more parliamentary method of representation is warranted and this term will be by popular election. By spring 2010 I would like to see us with a team of 3 hand-picked "senator" moderators with noteworthy experience or education and 3 elected "representative" moderators to look after the concerns and interests of the general users. This will be phased in a bit at a time to make sure it's making things better instead of worse.

If you wish to be a moderator, please respond below NLT October 24. You must reply in this thread to be guaranteed consideration; replying by PM or e-mail may result in accidental exclusion. Voting will occur October 25-31. If the choices exceed the vote limitations of our software (10) then we'll do a runoff during that time frame.

We are going to phase in fixed terms and by next spring all moderators will have been appointed to a particular term.

I'm not certain I understand this correctly, but my guess is, that this election is for the first of three moderators to be elected to join three selected for a grand total of six. So, perhaps additional elections will be held for moderators #2 and #3? Am I correct, Tim? Or are the top three vote-getters from this election automatically selected? Just curious...

...oh, and I voted :)

Yeah but you can read into what everyone says.

People gently mask everything they say when in reality every post is a pissing contest to show off how they are better than others. I'm sick of it before I even started. Not sure what I was thinking throwing my hat into the ring. Maybe thats not a flame war, but it's not something I want to read every day.... A moderator's job is to keep things civil. I'm not in that frame of mind right now, that's for sure.

I, for one, appreciate you voluntarily pulling yourself out.

*edit* Realized that comes off wrong. Basically, it's always a good thing when someone realizes on their own that they're not a good fit for something.

Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to moderate ST. It looks like it's a ton of work and you end up with a bunch of chasers ticked off at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we will probably take additional moderators, either from the top 2 or top 3 of this election or run another one in a few months. It depends on our needs right now and it hasn't been decided yet.

As far as withdrawing, we cannot change the election right now for technical reasons but anyone is free to decline the post.

Tim

My vote is in. I have to say that while I had to choose one person, there are several whom I'd be quite pleased to see installed as a mod. Andy, I'm sorry to see you pull your name out of the ring as I think you offer a great combination of knowledge, experience, and evenhandedness. But I most certainly understand. I think moderators should be required to wear crash helmets to protect themselves from brain injury while beating their heads against the wall.

Kind of bummed out that I have to pick just one. Since I am pretty new here, I am unfamiliar with most of the candidates, Although I am sure anyone of the candidates will do a good job being a mod.

I did vote however :)

There were 174 votes cast and the winner is Jeff Snyder. Congratulations to him and he will be instated tomorrow, November 1.

Candidates who did not win may e-mail me if they wish to learn their own standing in the election results.

Tim

I'm glad to see Jeff get elected. I think he's a splendid choice; I've found him to be amazingly helpful, and he strikes me as a level-headed individual who has what it takes to help maintain quality and civility in the forums. Congratulations, Jeff!

Have to say, though, that I'm surprised at the relatively low voter turnout. Out of curiosity, I started counting heads in the membership list beginning at the letter A, and I didn't make it all the way through the B names before I hit 174. Extrapolating from that, roughly 8 percent of Stormtrack members voted.

Jeff has always done a fine job here on Stormtrack, and I'm sure he will continue to do so. Congrats Jeff!

Jeff is an outstanding asset. I worked with him a lot back when I was on ST staff and helping run things when Tim had to take an absence. He's completely fair and concerned to make a good decision in all things and very level headed.

Back