• Andrew Revering

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Jeff Snyder

Votes: 54 31.8%
  • Skip Talbot

Votes: 31 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel free to vote for the person who you feel will do the best job as moderator. This election should (barring any technical glitches) be closed ballot. Candidates here are ordered alphabetically.

We ask that you do not cast a vote based on name alone. Please browse their post history to get to know their history better. You have until midnight the evening of October 31 to decide before votes are locked.

Candidates if they wish may post one closing response in this thread if they have anything they wish to add. It is not necessary however.

Tim

Hi everyone. For those of you that don’t really know me, I’m a 26 year old software developer from Chicago. I’ve been chasing since 2003 and have been a Stormtrack member since 2004. Please check out my website if you are interested in my chase history, as I’ve logged every chase I’ve ever been on, and please check out my previous posts here as Tim suggested. I credit Stormtrack with helping me get pointed in the right direction with chasing and connecting me to a community I otherwise would have never found. Many of the discussions here have invaluable information, and I would love to give back to the community by volunteering my time to moderate discussion. Here are a few points that I think qualify me to be a good moderator:

• Availability. As a programmer with a flexible job, I spend most of my time on the computer, and have unrestricted access to the internet. I’ll be out chasing with the rest of you come Spring, but that’s when I’m on Stormtrack the most and when I believe moderation of the forum is most important.
  • Mild mannered. I don’t think I’ve ever kicked up a flame war here and the extent of my participation in any was just to add some light hearted humor to help break the tension. I also don’t think the Bar and Grill should be overly moderated. Yes, we need some constraint, but I think quality is most important in the Target Area.
  • Knowledgeable. I’m no veteran when it comes to chasing or to Stormtrack compared to many of you, but I love throwing in my two cents on a forecast I’m considering chasing or discussing the latest equipment. I also love helping out in the educational forum. I could talk about storms all day long, to the point where people around me get tired of it, so I don’t mind answering the basic questions that a lot of the beginners here ask again and again.

I think Stormtrack should not hinder the more experienced chasers who have built this community, but it also should be encouraging novices to post. I have a lot of respect for those who have been around longer than me, as they helped me get started and I think they should be given some credit for that. I also think that beginners should not be intimidated or ridiculed for posting as they are the future of this forum. That said I’m very pleased with the turnout for the moderator call. There are lots of qualified individuals who have stepped forward that I think would do a great job, and that I wouldn’t mind losing to.

i-voted.gif

For some reason I thought there was going to be more than one moderator added to the mix...but I guess since we can only vote for one, there is only going to be one slot filled.

I did make my one vote.

Back