Pictures on Tornado Attack Website

And I guess my perception was the same as yours Jason.. :wink: I hope all of the Vets here dont see that as wrong.. I dont wish to promote more discontent..

If there was any other good chaser sites and forums to go to I think some of us would leave. It just disturbs me to have these silly misunderstandings in the first place. This is a forum for poeples OPINIONS. If you dont like someones OPINION or disagree then I just feel its alot more effective to not respond to it at all instead of jumping down the persons throat for it or making that person feel uncomfortable or humiliated in front of everyone else.

If what you're looking for is a forum where no one will ever question you, disagree with you, or attempt to learn from/teach you, then yeah......I'd definitely suggest you move on.

What you describe as ridicule, I call debate, disagreement, or alternative viewpoint. To say you'd rather a person not respond at all as opposed o disagreeing with you is close-minded, and completely shuts down the ability to communicate. If everyone always agreed on everything or kept their mouths shut when they didn't, what would be the point of even having a forum? One person could be the appointed "official poster" and they could post once for everyone.....kinda pointless as far as a forum goes.

A careful study of the ST forum archives will show that heated debates aren't indigeonous to new comers. I think the "newbie VS veteran" thing is a little tired.

If what you're looking for is a forum where no one will ever question you, disagree with you, or attempt to learn from/teach you, then yeah......I'd definitely suggest you move on.

Shane is correct on this topic. If everyone agrees on the same topics and never questions one another on ideas and viewpoints then we will never learn much and the forum will grow stagnate. Granted, the debates can get a little heated and off the point from time to time but I would rather have it that way than to sit back and accept what someone says is the best way. I enjoy ALL the different viewpoints because it lets me see both sides and I can make a better decision from the information given. One thing I don't agree with is when name calling and slander gets involved. That is never productive and causes more problems (beside not being allowed in this forum).

Wait a minute! I just agreed with Shane, does that mean I need to leave. :D

At the risk of further hijacking this thread ;-), I'm aboard with Shane and Bill et al. One of the very kewl things about the Internet is the ability to communicate, express and discuss opinions and ideas. We are all the richer for it. So long as personal attacks, hate, and racism are kept out of it, these discussions, heated or otherwise can be a great way to understand, question, and learn.

my $0.02..

Be well, TR

Oh come on now.. ok so the new guy is a whiney lil' bitch is where this is going as i read it...

Look.. heres my take.. Dont say nothing to me (or anyone else for that matter) that you wouldnt expect them to thump your head for if you were down the bar having a drink shooting your mouth off...(i like to brawl :D ) If we were face to face and you were being like you were here.. I guess Id be sizing you up.. Use some tact when making a correction and then maybe follow up with your knowledge with some fact. Its just common courtesy and respect no matter who it is.

Ok so someone here likes to cut and paste and shit on and take apart peoples every word interpreting it in a hateful manner suggesting they educate themselves....Without stating any facts or corrections.

So if ya wanna call me names and talk to me like a bitch.. Ill respond in like kind.. Or not at all.. I shouldnt of responded at all.. and im with Jason I see some of you as arrogant lil' eccentric assholes..You can argue it all you want but thats the NEW guys perception.

I didnt want to say that but I have to stand up next to someone who was speaking my mind for me and coming to my defense.. Again someone further chastised and asked him to leave if he didnt like it..

I would appreciate this thread just go away and start over.. im sure i will need information, education or help from some of you someday.. without having to go to war. Im not meaning to be an asshole either.. I am just typing whats going on in my mind.

If ya dont want me to post here.. then thats ok too.. I have never seen such bullshit in my life quit honestly.. (not to be cut and pasted and taken literally* lol) Welcome to Stormtrack..

Oh come on now.. ok so the new guy is a whiney lil' bitch is where this is going as i read it...

What are you talking about? The previous three posts were all commenting on Jason's earlier comments, not yours. Jason's not new to chasing or this forum.

Look.. heres my take.. Dont say nothing to me (or anyone else for that matter) that you wouldnt expect them to thump your head for if you were down the bar having a drink shooting your mouth off...(i like to brawl :D )

Believe me, when it comes to chasing, I call it as I see it. I'd never post anything on here that I wouldn't say to a person's face. And sitting at a bar over some drinks is the best environment I can think of for me and you to get across to each other our differences.....it's called discussion.

As far as brawling, I'm not much for fists, it's a waste of time and doesn't change the very real facts that caused the fight in the first place. You just admitted you LIKE to brawl....perhaps that alone sheds more light on your perspective of this entire thread issue than anything else. If someone wants to clock me because I disagree with them about something, go ahead.....at whatever cost I deem neccesary :wink:

Use some tact when making a correction. Its just common courtesy and respect.

You mean blow smoke? I'm not going to sugar coat anything just because my opinion might not agree with the popular vote. I'd suggest to you like I did Mr. Brock, if you're looking for a forum where disagreement, questioning, and debate aren't welcome or desired.....please move on. You should to log into chat tonight and we'll discuss whatever problem you're having, real-time is much more effective.

Ok so someone here likes to cut and paste and shit on and take apart peoples every word interpreting it in a hateful manner suggesting they educate themselves....Without stating any facts or corrections.

If you take the time to read through this entire thread, you'll see I apologized to you earlier for my mis-interpertation of your original post. I'm not doing it again.

So if ya wanna call me names and talk to me like a bitch.. Ill respond in like kind.. Or not at all.. I shouldnt of responded at all.. and im with Jason I see some of you as arrogant lil' eccentric assholes..You can argue it all you want but thats the NEW guys perception.

Who called you a name? Who treated you like a bitch? Again - if you're talking about the fact that I disagreed with you, said so, then explained WHY, then that's your problem, not mine. If you're unable to take criticism or debate, that's quite a dabilitating disposition...something you should look into.

I didnt want to say that but I want to stand up next to someone who was speaking my mind for me and coming to my defense.. Again you guys chastised and asked him to leave if he didnt like it..

No, that's wrong. Jason said he would leave if there was anyplace else to go......quite the opposite of the accusation you made above.

If ya dont want me to post here.. then thats ok too.. I have never seen such bullshit in my life quit honestly.. Welcome to Stormtrack..

Who has said they don't want you posting here? And where's the bullshit? Can you be more specific? All I see is a pair of dudes who can't deal with the fact that other people sometimes disagree with them.

Have you read some of the threads I'VE been involved in? Believe me, my ST forum world hasn't been all rosy and beautiful either. That's why I come here. If we all laid down after someone started a thread and said "yes, we agree" then this wouldn't be the Stormtrack forum at all.

It'd be the Stepford forum.

No, some "newbies" have excellent input and some have childish remarks. This isn't some teen chat room, we try to be somewhat serious in here. Discussions and viewpoints are always subject to a different point of view. Foul language shouldn't be a part of it though. Just my 2 cents.

They are a LOAD of crap in my opinion.

Shane.. I just would like to come here and learn without dramatics.. If i recall you did call me an idiot and then someone here was hateful to Jason for coming to my defense.

I dont expect everyone to agree with me. i would rather just be your buddy and move on.. I read Jasons quote and he said exactly what I was thinking.. And i never threatened you.. what i meant was.. if you were to say idiot and laugh at someones idea in their face. It would probably hurt their feellings and possibly would respond differently in arms reach..

Shane if we ever meet dont expect nothing more than a firm handshake. :wink:

NOW LETS MOVE ON PLEASE!!!!
Thanks

So, back on track, are these Tornado Attack guys the real deal or are they just a load of crap?

It's crap, all of it. Mike Peregrine said it best.

You've got some NASCAR guy no one has heard of before, teamed up with a group of chasers who are notorious for sucking up every discernable smidgeon of notoiety available within a satellite's beam/online connection's width.

These guys know the general public and media don't know crap about storms, so their limitations as far as marketing are, well, limitless. It's painfully obvious they're not concerend with actually penetrating a tornado; their website pics from May 12 prove this. You've got text banners flowing rampant stating what a historic event it was, yet ZERO pics of the event itself. And where's the scientific data that we've NEVER had before (after all, these measurements were taken from INSIDE a tornado.....or were they?)

It's the same gimmick we see every year. A few years ago it was the group who said they were gonna broadcast entire chases live through their website....a never-before-done multimedia extravaganza!! And all that produced was a few dozen pictures of benign-looking storm bases.

It's real simple....if these people, any of these people who do the gimmick thing, were truly serious, they'd get legitimate people behind them to at least help them FIND A DECENT STORM. But since their market target is clueless, all they have to do is wow the crowd with months of hype,throw in a few random crap storm shots for build-up.....then they can just make up whatever outcome they want.

It's funny...the media is such a hard industry to get into, but such a simple one to figure out.

I think they are and theyre not the real deal. I am not sure what they think they will see in the Vortex of the tornado. My imagination says 150 mile an hour + winds and some devastation including possibly their own demise. I think they intend to do so though.

Its Marketing.. which i know quite a bit about.. What they have done though is paint themselves in a corner. Because when and if they drive into this damn thing their project has come to its conclusion.

I went to the site and read and they were saying they spent several 100 thousand dollars on this car.. It seems they do have an investment. If they really intercepted and drove into a tornado outside of Mulvane which is what I read about their project. Then they wouldnt get to play no more.. They would have achieved their goal and the sponsorship etc. Would likely cease.

Basically they are targeting the general public and not scientific research.. That is more than likely their guise for legitimacy of driving into a storm. Which will interest most everyone chasers and non chasers

My documentary im doing now is going to be released in 2007.. Why?? Well anticipation needs to be built.. That is what creates a large viewership, It allows us to get sponsors, that of course takes time.. I am going to probablly film 2 or 3 dozen tornados or storms before I have enough footage to do it right...

And if they are to have a succesful project they need the sponsors .. they need the interest and viewership.

Shane.. If i recall you did call me an idiot

You're right. I did so because (at that time) I was under the impression that you were actualy SUPPORTING the idea of willingly driving into a tornado.....I figured by calling you out (an idiot) that might get your attention and (perhaps) make you rethink your position (which as it turns out, really wasn't your position).

I dont expect everyone to agree with me. i would rather just be your buddy and move on

I couldn't agree more.

And i never threatened you.. what i meant was.. if you were to say idiot and laugh at someones idea in their face. It would probably hurt their feellings and possibly would respond differently in arms reach..

I never got that impression...I was just repsonding with the same tone I was met with. And as I mentioned before, I'd never say (or do) anything in this forum to a person that I wouldn't do in reality.

Shane if we ever meet dont expect nothing more than a firm handshake. :wink:

Likewise......then maybe a few rounds :wink:

NOW LETS MOVE ON PLEASE!!!!

Absolutely!!!

So other than the obvious (curiosity and braggin' rights), from a science point of view, what types of things would be measured and accomplished from inside the funnel vs outside?

Be well, TR

Back