New TV Show: "Tornado Hunters" airing on Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not even consider a show like this, because it shows humans' disrespect towards nature, and the lack of caring. These are true Yahoo's, and nothing more, people looking to get as close to a tornado as possible. Here is a real nice, colorful comment on his Youtube video from people, inquiring things.

To all of the OUTLAW CHASERS fans and you f'n haters too well I have never been one to hold anything back and us OUTLAWS will not be doing a show this year we found out yesterday dut have been told that we will be doing a major film project in 2008 if were still alive in the mean time im takeing it to the edge of death next time so watch the news and see where im danceing next time. Peace out
If you want to see these humans' character then, I advise just watching this brief video, that they edit to make more intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxIgDls-r_c

They think very highly of themselves.

Love'm or hate"m they still can be a cause of discussion during the "HOT STOVE" season....I've known Lanny and Randy for years and "What you see is what you get"...Would they be better liked if they drove a Lexus SUV?...Had "MOBILE THREAT NET"?....Wore IZOD shirts?...These guys are pure "sight" chasers...Randy sniffs out the air...points...and says "over there" and off they start....Lanny uses a more modern approach...I guess they should be honored....Receiving as much "hate and discontent" as "Uncle Chuck" and the TIV boys....;);)

From the Youtube video posted above:

"As long as you've got another chaser to hate on, that gives you something to drive for. Cause I'm going to show all these ***holes that me and my team are going to be the best damn tornado chasers on this planet or we're going to die trying."

"The outlaw chasers don't give a sh*t what anybody else thinks. We're here because we want to be here. We're here to represent ourselves and that's it. We don't represent anybody else."

I wish that were the case, but unfortunately it isn't.

I'm not sure what to think about this. However the curiosity which killed the cat will also get me to watch. My dealings with Hicks in the past have always been pleasant and I have not formed an opinion of the rest of his crew as I have never talked with them although their video is amusing. Chad's statement about what it will do the the public perception is interesting. Maybe these guys will come across as being so far off the wall maybe no one will view them as being "normal"?

I should probably mention that the few times I've met Hicks he was a pretty nice guy and I have nothing bad to say about him. He seemed like a good guy. A little loud, but I think that just goes along with his personality. Lanny is the only one I don't like and have a problem with. If he wasn't on the show I'd probably check it out, but since he is I have to boycott it on principle.

I'll watch the show before I post to much on this thread but the name "Outlaw Chasers" seems kind of silly to me. What makes them outlaws? LOL :D

"Unique" sells.

These guys are definately unique, and unique will sell. I think they will establish two groups of people.

Those who will be hardcore fans, and those who will hate the fact they ever went on the air.

I don't know what to think, but I am really against the message they seem to portray.

As I said with the Twister Sisters show - we'll see.

They use technology the same as everybody else. I sat there and watched them using a laptop in the car to forecast and watch radar, so I think there is a little more than "sniffing the air" going into it.

Was this when you were sitting in the front seat of his KAKE-TV "FIRST CAM" chase vehicle during the Nickerson event..?

Jim said...
"Was this when you were sitting in the front seat of his KAKE-TV "FIRST CAM" chase vehicle during the Nickerson event..?"

What are you talking about? I've never sat in the KAKE chase vehicle in my life. Are you talking about the same Nickerson storm where Lanny parked his car sideways across the road (blocking traffic) like he owned the place?

Yep thats the one...He told me the story at the time...It was pretty funny...:p...Post the picture of the "PARKING VIOLATION" Here....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... that show looks like it'll be a thrill to watch! To bad I'll be south of the border for the holidays when it premieres -- I'll definitely make time to see it when I get back. :)

I chased with Lanny Dean one day back in late Sep or Oct 2006...Just ran into him north of Wichita. He was nothing but nice, we talked about the pros and cons vs grlevel3 and stormlab, talked about chaisng in general, let him use my sat phone to call the tv station that he chases for. (Having a problem with cell signal that day.) Really had a good time, gave me his number told me to call him anytime if I am out in the field chasing, did not have a problem with him.

Tyler is right, we all stopped to help the outlaw chasres on I-70 on May 22, (Tyler, Bart, Me, Chris, Brett...) I loaned him some tools, helped him put a belt back on (I think Bart jumped in also) then next thing I know the guy puts my tools on the ground and then takes off......lol...Oh Well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back